Sharing and notifications not working

bawow50

Hi, 

I am trying to share a not with my girlfriend who doesn't receive any notification either via mail or the installed app on her macbook. I tried to share from a mac as well as from an android. Nothing. I can send her the link which she then copies to her evernote but it's not a collaborative note, it's just creating her own copy.

I already looked in the Gmail spam folder, nothing there. Suggestions anyone? 

Thanks

Hi Gazumped,

Thanks for your reply. My account is a couple of years old and I already successfully shared notes and had collaborative notebooks in the past, but it's the first time I try to share to this other account. The other account wasn't created recently either but I don't think it was ever really used.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Evernote apparently made it so a new account can't use Work Chat immediately because that might give someone a way to spam others,  but if both the accounts have existed for a while,  and one at least has worked for sharing,  then that's obviously not the case here.

Evernote will send the first invitation to chat by email,  which should wind up in the inbox or spam folder of your choice.  Can you check what email address is associated with your gf's account by her logging into the account here?

If that's different from the address you're sending to,  that might explain the glitch.  She should be able to change it to the Gmail address you're now sharing with.

If not - can you email her address directly?  Have you tried restarting everything (both computers) and having another go?

If none of that helps,  I can only suggest you contact Support - contact them directly if you (or she) are paying customers on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps

Archived