Copy/paste from spreadsheet into EN's new tables?

• Level 5*

I have a large table (10 columns x 1000 rows) in a LibreOffice Calc spreadsheet. I was hoping to simply copy/paste into EN's new tables, but that doesn't work as all the data is pasted into one cell of the table.

Is there a way to accomplish this without doing a cell by cell copy/paste?

I'm not looking to merely link from EN to the spreadsheet; I wish to transfer the data from the spreadsheet into an EN table (and delete the spreadsheet once all the data is transferred into EN).

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, EdH said:

Could you paste directly into a Evernote note then upgrade it to the new table format?

That didn't work. What I did was copy/paste from Libre Calc into Libre Writer, then copy/paste and match style into EN. Then Upgrade table. The column widths are adjustable.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Interesting. I just pasted a table from Excel to Evernote, both on the Mac, and while it is the new table format, this produces unadjustable columns too as indicated by @csihilling

Even going through Word does the same thing. Makes no difference via Excel or Word if I Paste or Paste and Match Style. Columns are unadjustable.:mellow:

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
13 minutes ago, EdH said:

Interesting. I just pasted a table from Excel to Evernote, both on the Mac, and while it is the new table format, this produces unadjustable columns too as indicated by @csihilling

Even going through Word does the same thing. Makes no difference via Excel or Word if I Paste or Paste and Match Style. Columns are unadjustable.:mellow:

Strange. I can definitely confirm columns are adjustable using the method I described. If I hover the cursor over the column lines/separators, the cursor morphs into icon of parallel lines with arrows pointing in either direction; then drag in either direction to adjust column width.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, tavor said:

Strange. I can definitely confirm columns are adjustable using the method I described. If I hover the cursor over the column lines/separators, the cursor morphs into icon of parallel lines with arrows pointing in either direction; then drag in either direction to adjust column width.

Well, again, I was playing with this on the Mac. I'll have my Windows PC tomorrow and play with it there with Word and Excel. But on the Mac, it is no go as far as I can tell.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, EdH said:

Well, again, I was playing with this on the Mac. I'll have my Windows PC tomorrow and play with it there with Word and Excel. But on the Mac, it is no go as far as I can tell.

Missed the part about the Mac. It will probably work fine in the Windows app.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, EdH said:

1 hour ago, tavor said:

Missed the part about the Mac. It will probably work fine in the Windows app.

In the case above the table I created was wider than the note window.and I could not adjust columns.  That and there is weird display of the UI icons.

ScreenClip.png.d1dc141122a678ad66c17e8b60925901.png

@tavor said it worked so I tried something different.  I pasted a narrower table which fits in the note Window,directly into a note (no intermediate step with word).  The resultant table seems normal.

Scree1Clip.png.a7af7efbcb36610521a1a79f90882f81.png

So @tavor did your paste fit the Window?

• 5 months later...

I had the same problem and found this thread while searching. Just figured out a solution (I'm on a Mac).

1. Copy paste your table into the note (you'll get the fugly un-editable version)
  2. Create a new Everntoe table in the same note. I matched the number of columns but don't worry about matching rows.
  3. Copy the data from the fugly table within the note
  4. Paste it into the Evernote table
  5. Voila (plus you'll probably want to delete the fugly table)
  • Like 2
  • 7 months later...
On 2/2/2018 at 6:54 PM, JoeyD said:

I had the same problem and found this thread while searching. Just figured out a solution (I'm on a Mac).

1. Copy paste your table into the note (you'll get the fugly un-editable version)
  2. Create a new Everntoe table in the same note. I matched the number of columns but don't worry about matching rows.

Works in windows as well. Great! 

• Like 1

Hi guys,

As an engineer and an user of Evernote, I also face the same problem.

Therefore, I built an Evernote editor toolbox, EverTool, to solve it. 
Now you just need one click to transform ALL spreadsheet cells to Evernote table. (PLUS beautify it)

Here is the step:

Copy the cells in the Excel → Click transform table action in EverTool → Paste it to Evernote table   

Know more how it works by the demo video: 

It works on both Mac and Windows. Moreover, it supports Excel, Google spreadsheets and Mac Numbers.

If you are interested in EverTool, check out the homepage
Homepage: https://evertool.app/

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

Looks interesting.  It is a paid-for app,  and doesn't work on Surface? 

(Note: the app does not support Windows 10 S)

...and I see it also has a lot of other applications from Markdown to text styles and image size...  hmmn.  you might be the answer to an issue of mine too....

Could you post some more information and links in the Evernote Integrations forum?  I think you might find quite a few friends around here ?

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

What worked for me, cumbersomely, is this:  Copy table from HTML file.  Paste normally into Evernote.  Right-click anywhere in the table and choose Upgrade Table.  Manually adust the column widths.  This is not acceptable.  Until now, I could directly paste from HTML tables into Evernote without need for reformatting.

• 2 years later...
On 2/2/2018 at 6:54 PM, JoeyD said:

Hi, in case someone else is still struggling with this. The steps above can be done without the "fugly" part:

1. Copy table from Excel
  2. Create a new Evernote table with same number of columns as Excel table (number of rows doesn't matter)
  3. Important part - select all columns in Evernote table
  4. Paste and enjoy :)

Tested in EN v10.20.4

18 minutes ago, jando84 said:

Hi, in case someone else is still struggling with this. The steps above can be done without the "fugly" part:

1. Copy table from Excel
  2. Create a new Evernote table with same number of columns as Excel table (number of rows doesn't matter)
  3. Important part - select all columns in Evernote table
  4. Paste and enjoy :)

Tested in EN v10.20.4

This thread is very old and is actually about the legacy version (6.25).

In V10 step 1 followed immediately by step 4 works fine!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Mike P said:

This thread is very old and is actually about the legacy version (6.25).

In V10 step 1 followed immediately by step 4 works fine!

Not surprisingly,  a 3-year old issue has been solved since all this was posted.  Copy / paste works fine in both Legacy and v10

• Like 2