saving a photo as a pdf

shekala

When I take a photo inside Evernote, it seems to always save the file as a png file. Is it possible to save as a pdf instead? Also, is it possible to view a png as an attachment in a note, rather than viewing the entire picture (like in a pdf)?

Thanks

[Android] When you are saving choose document instead of photo to save as image and pdf.

[iOS] Scannable is free and good. there is Scanbot as well but on ios ( for myself can't connect to Eevernote using scanbot on ios only)

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, shekala said:

When I take a photo inside Evernote, it seems to always save the file as a png file. Is it possible to save as a pdf instead? 

You didn’t indicate your device/platform.  I use a Mac and iPad/iPhone

There is no pdf option for the Evernote camera (Mac/IOS)

I use Evernote Scannable to scan my documents.  It has a pdf option

I also use my Mac to convert notes to pdf 

>>Also, is it possible to view a png as an attachment in a note, rather than viewing the entire picture (like in a pdf)?

No, attachment view is not an option for images (Mac/IOS)

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, shekala said:

When I take a photo inside Evernote, it seems to always save the file as a png file. Is it possible to save as a pdf instead? Also, is it possible to view a png as an attachment in a note, rather than viewing the entire picture (like in a pdf)?

Thanks

There is an option on the iPhone to save as a document but it does not seem to do anything differently.  If you are truly scanning documents you could use Scannable.  Workaround could be to drag the jpg into a blank PDF document and save that.  Yuck, but it would work.

If Windows go to Tools - Options -  Note and check Allow images displayed as attachments.

I did try that, and you are correct that it doesn't do anything. So, I decided just to use Scanner Pro - it scans as a pdf and saves directly into Evernote. 

Thanks to everyone that responded. I guess sometimes the best solution is a third party. 

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, shekala said:

Thanks to everyone that responded. I guess sometimes the best solution is a third party.

You are welcome.  To be clear, Scannable is an EN product.  Clueless as to how it compares to Scanner Pro.

Yep, I am aware it is, which is part of the reason I went with another app - seems like Evernote has stopped supporting so many of their extra products, so I suspect a company dedicated to scanning would be best. Just not clear to me where Evernote is headed at this point. i have been a loyal user for ten years, but my confidence in their future is much less these days. 

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Clueless as to how it compares to Scanner Pro.

12 minutes ago, shekala said:

so I suspect a company dedicated to scanning would be best.

I found the two products comparable in quality/features
Scanner Pro can also OCR the pdf

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, shekala said:

Yep, I am aware it is, which is part of the reason I went with another app - seems like Evernote has stopped supporting so many of their extra products, so I suspect a company dedicated to scanning would be best. Just not clear to me where Evernote is headed at this point. i have been a loyal user for ten years, but my confidence in their future is much less these days. 

Scannable seems to be in the fold, but yeah, haven't really seen a statement from EN that says these are our core products.  Scannable was last updated November 2016 best I can tell.  Good to know there is a viable alternative.

Archived