images rendered bigger than 1:1

• Level 5*

On single images you could either adjust the image size by selecting it and using the bottom right corner handle to change size,  or (maybe - not sure about XP) using Ctrl and "-" to zoom out of the note.  Not sure about adjusting all images in your database.

This sounds more like a Windows issue than anything else - you might try Microsoft help pages to see if there's any way to adjust dislayed image sizes other than by screen resolution.

Does physically changing the size of the image make any difference?  If you set the longest edge to 640px is the display size still the same?

7 hours ago, gazumped said:

On single images you could either adjust the image size by selecting it and using the bottom right corner handle to change size,  or (maybe - not sure about XP) using Ctrl and "-" to zoom out of the note.  Not sure about adjusting all images in your database.

This sounds more like a Windows issue than anything else - you might try Microsoft help pages to see if there's any way to adjust dislayed image sizes other than by screen resolution.

Does physically changing the size of the image make any difference?  If you set the longest edge to 640px is the display size still the same?

One-by-one is obviously not a solution, nor even a reasonable workaround.

The in-app zooming only zooms text.

The 'Windows-side' theory is not feasible. It's applications that should handle global system variables, not the other way around. Besides, the 'Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display' is the only place I know of in Windows 7 that carries applicable parameters.

• Level 5

I've also got Windows 7 at 125% scaling. I can confirm that this does indeed happen in Evernote, but not only Evernote. Images are also larger in MS Word (but not Wordpad) and some browsers (but not IE). I can see where this could get to be a problem. I wonder whether it also happens under Win10. I don't think EN will go back to fix something for our outdated OS (outdated but better) if it's working OK in the current Windows.

Archived