drag n drop notes to folders in order to apply tags

vprx

My thought was to have something like a web interface where a user is being presented with his notes and on top there are the tag containers. The user drag n drops the notes to the appropriate container and can apply tags to notes really quickly that way.

Ideally masonry/isotope (js libraries) style viewing and drag n drop functionality. 

Has anyone done something like this?

• Level 5*
On 2017-08-25 at 11:14 AM, vprx said:

My thought was to have something like a web interface where a user is being presented with his notes and on top there are the tag containers. The user drag n drops the notes to the appropriate container and can apply tags to notes really quickly that way.

Ideally masonry/isotope (js libraries) style viewing and drag n drop functionality. 

Has anyone done something like this?

On my Mac, the tags can be displayed in the sidebar59a1f57e127c9_ScreenShot2017-08-26at15_24_59.png.a711ee841f1f6cc0770cf67176e7e6c7.png

Dragging the note to a tag
adds the tag to the note

It's not a feature I use much.  I don't usually display the tag list

• Level 5
17 hours ago, DTLow said:

On my Mac, the tags can be displayed in the sidebar59a1f57e127c9_ScreenShot2017-08-26at15_24_59.png.a711ee841f1f6cc0770cf67176e7e6c7.png

Dragging the note to a tag
adds the tag to the note

It's not a feature I use much.  I don't usually display the tag list

That works in the Windows program as well. Thanks for the tip!

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

That works in the Windows program as well. Thanks for the tip!

Yep, that's been in there for quite a while, as has been the similar drag-note-to-notebook action. Problem is, if you have a lot of tags or notebooks, it's not as handy.

• I use ALT-SHIFT-T (search tag menu) to select the required tag and drop it on the note. This has the advantage that I can use any substring to find the required tag, especially useful if I don't remember possible tag prefixes...

Archived