Copy / Paste issue with special characters

Hi All,

Every time I copy from Evernote to another app (like outlook on the Mac) I get issues with special characters. Below is an example

Evernote - this “happens"

Outlook - this “happens"

Anyone have a clue on why this is?

Cheers,

Liam

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, liambres said:

Every time I copy from Evernote to another app (like outlook on the Mac) I get issues with special characters. Below is an example

Outlook - this “happens"

My suspicion is you have hidden characters in your Evernote note.  I'd export the note and look at the underlying html code

What font are you using.  This looks ok on my Mac using Helvetica font599c91764cf5c_ScreenShot2017-08-22at13_17_06.png.4379f6174b1ff38c0971fa55149fe977.png

I've tested this in a number of fonts, including Helvetica. This appears to be a pure Mac issue as making a similar note on the iOS app works as expected. Even when copied to within the Mac. 

On export as an enex I get this - 

<en-note><div>“Test&quot;</div><div><br/></div><div>“Test”</div><div><br/></div><div><br/></div></en-note>

This is using Version 6.12 Beta 3 (455392 Direct)

Any ideas?

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, liambres said:

18 minutes ago, liambres said:

On export as an enex I get this - 

<en-note><div>“Test&quot;</div><div><br/></div><div>“Test”</div><div><br/></div><div><br/></div></en-note>

I was expecting to see   this “happens"

Where are you copying from?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have this issue too on Mac.
I can not yet reproduce when it does/does not happen.

hex(and( not(BYTES + and(ADDR; 0x00FF) + (ADDR >>8) + and(DBIN0; 0x00FF) + (DBIN0 >>8) + and(DBIN1; 0x00FF) + (DBIN1 >>8) + and(DBIN2; 0x00FF) + (DBIN2 >>8) + and(DBIN3; 0x00FF) + (DBIN3 >>8) )+1; 0xFF ))

hex(and( not( and(0x0000; 0x00FF) + (0x0000 >>8) + and(0x1A40; 0x00FF) + (0x1A40 >>8) + and(0x0040; 0x00FF) + (0x0040 >>8) + and(0x0000; 0x00FF) + (0x0000 >>8) )+1 ; 0xFF ))

(this is copied as normal text (note the many >> characters)
But when I copy only one of the 2 rows (happens with both) the >> are converted to &gt;

I cannot find anything that breaks the correct formatting.

• 2 years later...

Not sure if this is helpful for Mac users, but I found this issue and played with the options settings to fix it. Hope this is helpful.

[When using "Find & Replace", characters where getting substituted]
On Windows 10, using Control + H, I'd paste $(date "+%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S") into the search field and it would substitute a double quote character " with &quot ;

My fix was to go into options (Tools --> Options --> Note) and Uncheck "Automatically format text elements"
  • 5 months later...

I'm seeing this issue on 

10.8.6-mac-mas-public (458469)
Editor: v118.1.15148
Service: v1.28.5
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

When I create a new note and type in

test
    test
    test 
    www.test.com
    test
test

Then close Evernote, and open it again.

Pasting the contents of that into in a program which allows displaying of hidden characters ( such as https://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~markm/ascii.html ) displays this

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 2.55.59 PM.png