A Unique Way of Getting the Most Out of Your Evernotes

Richard Tan

Dear Evernote Community,

http://app.akreet.net

Akreet is a new unique method for getting the most out of your Evernotes. It focuses on three knowledge organizing techniques to accomplish this:

• Categorizing

• Visualizing

• Reporting

Our philosophy is that, only the Evernote user can extract useful knowledge from their own notes. It it is our mission at Akreet to deliver the best tools to help the Evernote users to do so.

We are looking for any and all feedback. Got a good Categorizing, Visualizing, or Reporting idea? Tell us about it, we'll build it in.

A few videos to get you started:

one.png.40eefa7f149fd90868bdf0bb83c20c99.png  Learn Akreet Video

two.png.c505896fb978487d448f7b54c2a356ec.png Coming Soon Video

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, Richard Tan said:

Akreet is a new unique method for getting the most out of your Evernotes. It focuses on three knowledge organizing techniques to accomplish this:

• Categorizing

• Visualizing

• Reporting

Our philosophy is that, only the Evernote user can extract useful knowledge from their own notes. It it is our mission at Akreet to deliver the best tools to help the Evernote users to do so

This functionality sounds interesting, but your video and web site do not convey how we would actually use your tools with Evernote.  Can you give us some concrete, real-world examples?

It also appears that your tools run only on mobile devices.  Is this correct?
I, for one, would only be interested if the tools were also available on the Mac platform.

BTW, I would find the videos much more helpful if there was a narration telling us what is going on, what we are seeing.

23 hours ago, Richard Tan said:

Dear Evernote Community,

http://app.akreet.net

• Categorizing

• Visualizing

• Reporting

Our philosophy is that, only the Evernote user can extract useful knowledge from their own notes. It it is our mission at Akreet to deliver the best tools to help the Evernote users to do so.

We are looking for any and all feedback. Got a good Categorizing, Visualizing, or Reporting idea? Tell us about it, we'll build it in.

A few videos to get you started:

one.png.40eefa7f149fd90868bdf0bb83c20c99.png  Learn Akreet Video

two.png.c505896fb978487d448f7b54c2a356ec.png Coming Soon Video

You would have to login and give it a try to get the full effect. But once you log in with your Evernote account. The application will sort through all your Evernote notes and start categorizing them first by tags. Then you can create your own categories in Akreet and start categorizing our own notes with whatever random category you find pertant. Once the notes are categorized, you can go to the reports section and a series useful report will give you a break down of your Evernotes by the categories.

Kind of a data mining tool for your Evernotes.

Yes this runs on Mobiles Devices. It's actually a Web Application that is optimized to work on all Mobile Device and Desktop Browsers.

Best functions on Safari IOs and Chrome Mobile or Desktop. Click here launch in your browser to see: https://app.akreet.net

Thank you for your interest.  

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Richard Tan said:

The application will sort through all your Evernote notes and start categorizing them first by tags.

Hi.  Is it going to be possible to create new notebooks and notes and merge and edit existing notes (including retitling and retagging)?  And does this mean that your app needs access to my whole database?  What's the situation with security of information?  (And Local Notes?)

• Level 5*
On 2017-08-21 at 7:06 PM, Richard Tan said:

• Categorizing

• Visualizing

• Reporting

I briefly tested your product

Categorizing

• This seems like a method of assigning tags to a note
    I'm not happy with the open process in Evernote, but I'm not seeing anything special method in your service
    My idea is to implement a rigid set of rules to ensure propoer tag assignement; something like:
    1. Identify the note type, for example Medical Appointment
    2. Date/Time Required
    3. Assign tag with Doctor Name
    4. Assign tag with Medical Issue

Visualizing

• I'm seeing a mind-mapping view of my notes
    This might be useful with a specific project, but is just confusing with my mass note set
    599d916df0bf9_ScreenShot2017-08-23at07_27_38.thumb.png.ab4dd4a46afa13ab69076fb4ae743275.png
8 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Is it going to be possible to create new notebooks and notes and merge and edit existing notes (including retitling and retagging)?  And does this mean that your app needs access to my whole database?  What's the situation with security of information?  (And Local Notes?)

The application downloads a copy of the notes metadata for your notes. So that we can reference the guid ids and titles to generate the thumbnails of your notes. We also use the note guide as a reference when you attempt to categorize the note. Primarily the system keeps a copy of your notes metadata with attributes (but not the content or resources) and then has an internal table that keeps track of note guid with category metadata. We never try to update the users notes or notebooks or tags. Unless you think that's a feature you'd like to have. It's more about trying to calculate statistics based on your latest notes and keeping track of whatever categories you apply on the notes. Based on those pieces of data we generate a bunch of reports and visualization graphs. 

Finally there is a presentation action. That particular action will downliad and cache the full note so we can render any pictures or video for the note and basically give you a nice presentation. After the presentation We purge the note from the cache so it's no longer in the system.

Next version will give you better control over how you apply categories to your notes allowing you to more easily remove or add multiple categories to a specific note. 

Its primarily about applying category metadata to a note so that later we can render nice reports or presentations or visualization graphs based on the category metadata.

Thank you for your question.

4 hours ago, DTLow said:

I briefly tested your product

Categorizing

• This seems like a method of assigning tags to a note
    I'm not happy with the open process in Evernote, but I'm not seeing anything special method in your service
    My idea is to implement a rigid set of rules to ensure propoer tag assignement; something like:
    1. Identify the note type, for example Medical Appointment
    2. Date/Time Required
    3. Assign tag with Doctor Name
    4. Assign tag with Medical Issue

Visualizing

• I'm seeing a mind-mapping view of my notes
    This might be useful with a specific project, but is just confusing with my mass note set
    599d916df0bf9_ScreenShot2017-08-23at07_27_38.thumb.png.ab4dd4a46afa13ab69076fb4ae743275.png

Thank for your feedback. I too am of the mind that there isn't really a nice way to apply tagging to notes in a more powerful way. I tend to use the word metadata more than just tagging since my goal is to supply more structure around our notes. I like your suggestion. We welcome more of those suggestions. In the next version we intend to give the user more control over how they apply metadata/tagging/categorizing to a note. I will keep your suggestions in mind.

The visualization example is the first attempt to demonstrate that indeed we do have the full power of any graphing framing work to represent your notes given the proper metadata. The initial example is a bit chaotic since it just shows all notes in relation to their notebooks and or tags. Any ideas for representing note data in more visualized way is welcome. Also check out the reports section. We have notes by location reports which shows where geographically you created your notes. Just another example of how one might visualize their notes.

• 5 months later...

This looks like it is similar to MohioMap which I love the idea to visually see your notes in a "space" and make connections, get creative etc. However, I was pushing myself to use it in MohioMap.

I think every Evernote user needs an interface like this where we see our notes spread over a blank canvas and we can move, look in, review, edit and group them. However, it needs to be by user selection so I am not looking at thousands of notes and try to see all these connections. I would like to select certain notes by maybe multiple tag filtering or just manually and spread them over the canvas and work with them within that area. Not having to re-open the note in Evernote or wait for it to load. I would like to be able to "flip" the note card and read the note and make a comment for example right there and then.

Nonetheless, I see that the last past was August 2017, have there been any further improvements since then? Has anybody been using it? What is the latest on this basically?

Archived