A file-sharing question

kyriosity

I want to share a file (a checklist) with a reading group so everybody has her own copy to keep track of the reading. So far I can only find a way to share my copy, which won't work very well for a hundred or so of us. ;) Is there a way to do this, or do I need to keep searching for another app (in which case, I'll take suggestions, if that's allowed!). Thanks!

~Valerie

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, kyriosity said:

I want to share a file (a checklist) with a reading group so everybody has her own copy to keep track of the reading.

Mail a copy of your note to each user.  
This can be text version that they can copy/paste, or it can be a .enex export that will create a note in their Evernote account

Unfortunately, it's a group not connected by email, so that option won't work.

The .enex option would be perfect, but I tried sending it to myself, and was unable to open it on my phone. Is there some trick to that I'm perhaps unaware of?

Thanks! :)

~Valerie

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, kyriosity said:

Unfortunately, it's a group not connected by email, so that option won't work.

The .enex option would be perfect, but I tried sending it to myself, and was unable to open it on my phone. Is there some trick to that I'm perhaps unaware of?

How is the group connected?  There are other methods for sharing.

Which platforms/devices?

I was able to create and open a .enex file on my iPad (IOS)

Again, thanks.

We're mostly connected on Facebook, but ideally I'd want a file I could post on a web page.

Haha...everything works for iOS! We actually have an app for iOS users (not developed by us, but works for us), but there's no Android version. I'm trying to come up with some workarounds for us poor, neglected iPhoneless folks. ;)

~Valerie

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, kyriosity said:

We're mostly connected on Facebook, but ideally I'd want a file I could post on a web page.

You can store the .enex file as an attachment to your checklist note

And then generate a pubic link (url) to the note - it functions as a web page

Example:    https://www.evernote.com/l/AAqIzpRVSgBDJKeqcseD-vM-RqOsVtOFVeM

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, kyriosity said:

Unfortunately, if their phones/the Evernote app won't open the .enex file, like mine won't, we're still stuck. :blush:

Hopefully an Android user will participate on this issue.

- Sharing a note via web link

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, kyriosity said:

I'm going to try a new thread asking more specifically about .enex and Android.

You could try sending them an EN link to the note.  From what I've seen the "phone" will ask if you want to open the note in EN.  YMMV.

Archived