uninstall and reinstall Evernote when had been using Beta version

Evernote froze on my Mac and wouldn't update.  I shut down the computer and restarted twice.  This did not fix the problem.  Then I uninstalled and then tried to reinstall Evernote from the Evernote website.  Now, when I try to start Evernote, it states "Version too old - Your local Evernote data is being managed by a newer version of Evernote.  Please use the latest version".  I then have to hit OK, and cannot update the evernote.

I have figured out how to download and install the most recent version of Evernote.  However, I cannot get the program to close down when I am done using it.  I hit - check for updates, and the program froze.  Now, I cannot sync new content that I added to Evernote using a different device onto the Mac because it appears to be frozen.  The uploads using the other device are fine, because I cannot see them on the web version of Evernote, and on my phone.  So there must be a problem with the current Evernote Mac beta.

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, BCB said:

Now, when I try to start Evernote, it states "Version too old - Your local Evernote data is being managed by a newer version of Evernote.  Please use the latest version".  I then have to hit OK, and cannot update the evernote.

You have to do a complete uninstall.  Otherwise you have the app at one version and the database at another version

The app AppCleaner is recommended; or you can manually delete the database folder

Tne database will be rebuilt from the servers.  Warning, the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync’d notes

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, BCB said:

Thanks.  How do I get the Evernote to close?  I can't force it to close when I'm done.  Thanks.

Force Quit

Shut down the Mac

Cut the power

Archived