Paste and match style not working

salvego

Idea

^This. Simply copy a text from web and past to match style and you'll see.

You guys don't know how much this is annoying and it's making my job like 10.000 more difficult.

Thanks Evernote for the last update. That's why I'll never buy or subscribe to your platform.

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 8/21/2017 at 0:29 PM, salvego said:

You guys don't know how much this is annoying and it's making my job like 10.000 more difficult.

Thanks Evernote for the last update. That's why I'll never buy or subscribe to your platform.

Yup. Horribly broken. Supposed to be much better in beta 3 of the Windows client, but I've not seen it pushed out yet.

• Level 5*
On 8/21/2017 at 3:29 PM, salvego said:

So this is your first post on this forum. Classy.

Instead of complaining about something you use for free, why don't you participate in making it better? You could post any bugs you see in the threads announcing the particular version's release. Even better, you could explain to EN forum mods how to reproduce the bug, which allows the devs to track down the source quicker.

I assume this job that EN's latest version has made 10000 times more difficult pays you? Do you think the people at EN deserve to get paid? Or should they not only work for you for free, but also have to listen to your whinging about something you have never paid for or otherwise contributed to?

@tavor

Participate? This is not open source software. The onus is on the developers to make it work, not its users. And I'm sure if EN worked better, more people would be compelled to pay for it. It seems you think users should pay and also contribute their time to fixing bugs.

People who use Evernote for work don't have time to spend reporting bugs, trying to find workarounds, etc. We all know Evernote has too many bugs. They fix something, they break something else. It's been that way forever. I pay for Evernote but am frequently annoyed by it. If something better came along, I'd drop it in a heartbeat.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, dixonbruce said:

It seems you think users should pay and also contribute their time to fixing bugs.

Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion in my response to a one-post poster who apparently joined the forum to complain about something he's been using for free.

Paying customers certainly have a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining. But the Marxist-infused thought process the OP seems to be engaged in is a bit much. If you're (the general "you", not you in particular, as you noted you are paying) not going to pay, contribute in other ways, such as beta testing. If you're not contributing in any way, can't EN employees adopt the same logic of the OP and complain about you not offering them any free products or services?

Freedom entails voluntarily exchanging value for value. Adopting the attitude that someone should provide you value in exchange for nothing, and should endure your whinging, is essentially demanding that others be your economic slaves.

Hey @tavor thanks for your answer. I respect your thoughts about my post.

I'm going to state just a few things about it:

- I don't have too much time to write a long post or to engage into the Evernote Community, so posting a small complaint about the bug I found was the fastest way to let the Evernote team know about it.

- I agree with @dixonbruce. I'm not a beta tester and I don't owe nothing to Evernote or to the community. I don't have to be a "classy guy". Doesn't matter if I this is my first or my 100th post. The bug is there and made my job difficult. That's a fact.

- And the fact I'm using a free software doesn't take my right to complain about it. I didn't say anything personal. I wasn't whinging, I was just short and direct.

- I consider every day to turn myself a paying customer of Evernote. Every single day, I can assure you that, believe me. But the app is so buggy and unstable in all platforms I use, in my PC, iPhone and in my iPad, that they have to improve A LOT to make me pay for it.

Every time I had a problem with Evernote I just let it go. I can't find any better app to replace it, and me and my employees are still working with it. This is the first time I took some minutes to register my profile on the forums and you know what I got? A simple answer that I need to be more classy. No body came here to tell me that they are working on a fix. I just need to be classy. :) 

Thanks again guys for your help and time. My best regards. ;) 

On 8/21/2017 at 9:29 PM, salvego said:

Agreed.
This is another example of this. Let's say I am making notes for a certain code-related course and I wish to copy and paste to the code-format, this is is what you end up with.
Super annoying.

Paste to code.PNG

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Sisim Biva said:

Hello,

Do you know if it has been taken into account by the dev team? I'm also seeing this (Ctrl + Shift + V) pastes text in a weird format. (Version 6.6.4.5512)

Thank you for your work!

Best, Sisim

EN is aware as I have been pointing out this bug, since it was introduced with v6.6, with an example of how they can reproduce the error.

I have noticed this when copying text from Evernote to Wordpress.  I expect the formatting to remain, especially if I work hard at making it look right for my post, then when I paste it into Wordpress all formatting is gone.  It defeats the purpose of using Evernote at all.  I end up using Word at times, but then it is less convenient to share.

This fix would be super helpful and make it easier to pitch to creative teams to use. 

On 9/28/2017 at 8:21 AM, PaulineNMU said:

Yeah, when I copy/paste into the windows client it strips out all my line breaks. Still seems fine in the browser-app.

I can't even copy over text from notepad without it stripping out the extra line breaks.

Yeah had this happen to me pasting from Sublime, happens with any raw text unfortunately. Seems like a bug.

• Level 5*
On 9/29/2017 at 1:47 PM, cacotigon said:

Yeah had this happen to me pasting from Sublime, happens with any raw text unfortunately. Seems like a bug.

Yup. Still happening. 

Archived