Paste to Evernote changes lines

Using W7. I just updated to Evernote windows 6.6.4.

I have a large text document (stored in Notepad, so really just text) about 45k

I frequently change the windows document, copy the whole thing into Evernote replacing the Evernote version.

A new improved problem has just started - the paste into Evernote eliminates all the blank lines in the original document.

If I paste the same document into a new, fresh Evernote note, the same thing happens.

Anyone seen this?? Have any suggestions how to fix this??

thx....

• Level 5*

Confirmed. Totally borked up.

I could fix it by:

• Copy text from notepad
  • Paste into a blank Word document. My word default settings are whatever Word installs with with the infuriating double spaced paragraphs)
  • Copy from Word
  • Paste into Evernote using Paste and Match Style.

I then get something that looks exactly like the text document, albeit in the Evernote default font..

22 minutes ago, EdH said:

Confirmed. Totally borked up.

I could fix it by:

• Copy text from notepad
  • Paste into a blank Word document. My word default settings are whatever Word installs with with the infuriating double spaced paragraphs)
  • Copy from Word
  • Paste into Evernote using Paste and Match Style.

I then get something that looks exactly like the text document, albeit in the Evernote default font..

Thanks. I have a ticket with support.

While Evernote has many useful capabilities, the Window app has been a dog since the beginning.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, markeh said:

Thanks. I have a ticket with support.

This is still happening in 6.7 beta 2, so I posted a link to this thread in that thread hoping they will see it. The Paste and Paste as Values isn't working quite right and has been out of whack since at least 6.6.

Here is reply from support:

Hello Mark,

Thank you for the follow-up on this. I was able to do some digging on this, and see what the team has been hard at work on correcting this issue. You should start seeing these changes/corrections in the upcoming public release, as well as the beta.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, markeh said:

Just updated to 6.7.5.5825.

Not fixed - no changes, still broke.

You would think cut/paste of plain text would be pretty simple and high on the list of what to fix. Guess not.

Same, back to 6.5 yet again. -_-

• 4 weeks later...

Archived