I don't do this very often, but I've noticed when I include images in Evernote on Macbook Pro, the note size ends up being MUCH larger than the image on disk. Why is that? Is that just a sleezy ploy by Evernote to make money or is there a compression issue when storing images in notes?

• Level 5*
On 2017-08-19 at 8:28 PM, Devmodo19 said:

I've noticed when I include images in Evernote on Macbook Pro, the note size ends up being MUCH larger than the image on disk.

Do you have specific examples of the image size problem

I import images in many notes and just tried an example on my Mac
Image size: 3,212,076 bytes (3.2 MB on disk)
The note size says 3.1MB in Evernote,
but the actual note folder says: 3,655,378 bytes (3.7 MB on disk) for 9 items599913feb750a_ScreenShot2017-08-19at21_41_55.png.d02242491276789c0986f8e5651e8707.png

Actual note files are listed to the right.  There would also be a database entry but it's insignificant in size

>>or is there a compression issue when storing images in notes?

I'm seeing no compression at all with the untouched photo

• 3 years later...

I don't know what is the problem, but I have the same issue. I've been working as a professional photographer, and it was a huge problem, but thankfully I found out how to fix it. Like you, I also asked for help on a forum, and someone, whose name is Nick, recommended a site that I can use for photo editing. The site I was recommended by Nick allows to change the photo's size without losing the quality, but it also allows improving the photo quality. If you want, you can check it and find more options allowed on it.

• Level 5*
37 minutes ago, DorCameron said:

I don't know what is the problem, but I have the same issue.

Well,  you have the same issue in a completely different version of Evernote because it's changed a little in 3 years...  same question though: please quote a specific example of note size(s) and on-disk size(s).