Christiaanc90@gmail.com

Change font size and formatting on Android

Idea

I would really appreciate it if I can change the formatting for my notes on my Android app.
Or more importantly, set the default text format and size for my mobile app.

At the moment my android and pc apps use different default fonts and sizes. See attached.

This is only visible on the desktop app.
And I have tried changing the font on the desktop App. At the moment I need to "simplify formatting" on almost every note.

0.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 replies to this idea

On 11/1/2017 at 1:56 AM, LNWPDX said:

Great idea! - that is, being able to change the font size in notes.

I haven't used Evernote that often,  but today I just made the unfortunate discovery that there is no built in function to change the size of the font we are using when typing a note in Evernote. Seriously?  How can this possibly be the case? 

PLEASE add the very basic ability of changing font sizes of typed text to the Android Evernote app. I think the only reason more people haven't already requested this is because they all assume it's already a built in function. Either they haven't needed it yet, or they thought they just couldn't figure out how you do it yet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'll vote for that.  I seem to recall one of the Employees around here saying something recently about font styles being under development...

• Thanks 3

i am new to evernote and find this baffling too as i just copy and paste imp lines from several articles revolving around a specific topic to make my notes concise

but whenever i copy & paste the font remains jagged and there is no option to change that.

this should had been a basic feature of such a famous platform(evernote).

This is an essential request, I use monospace font on evernote desktop/web version when I need content to be strictly aligned and it works fine, but once I open my mobile device the display is not as I wanted.

Wishing to add this feature and many thanks to the team

On 8/20/2017 at 11:37 AM, gazumped said:

I seem to recall one of the Employees around here saying something recently about font styles being under development...

Seriously...

I agree with this wholeheartedly! As it is, I have to edit my notes on the desktop app to completely format them - I use them as an outline for public speaking. It would be so much easier to only use my phone!

I agree. Very frustrating not being able to do something as basic as changing a font size in a note taking application. Especially problematic when pasting in copied text from other sources which retain their size and formatting and you can't then set it back to the note default! 

Apple users have enjoyed changing the font sizes (small, medium, large) and font colours in the iOS app for quite a while now...

When is the Android Evernote app going to catch up (or surpass) the functionality of the iOS app?

10 hours ago, holo said:

Apple users have enjoyed changing the font sizes (small, medium, large) and font colours in the iOS app for quite a while now...

When is the Android Evernote app going to catch up (or surpass) the functionality of the iOS app?

Pretty sure they'll get around to this sooner or later,  but it won't be high on the list...

• Like 1

On iOS this is build into the OS itself, and EN just needs to borrow it, like other apps do.

A full font Management is not available under iOS. Even apps that have extended functionality like Pages are more restricted than the same app on the Mac. Many others don’t go further than EN, even editors like iAwriter only have smaller/larger functions.

What would be more important to me would be an easy way to structure text, like header / subheader / etc. Ideal would be full markdown capability brought into the EN editor on all platforms.

Posted (edited)

Some time ago I posted a link to a public note I created that has colored letters and numbers. I welcome anyone to copy into their own accounts.  Not a perfect solution, but maybe better than nothing.

Edited by Echoreflection
Changed wording.

I have just changed from iPhone to android and I am SHOCKED that it is not possible to color text and change size 😲

This is really soooo important as I do that every day in all kind of notes. 

Please bring out this feature very very soon... 

I just signed up to the forums to say this is desperately needed!

On 7/26/2019 at 5:46 PM, Adam81 said:

I just signed up to the forums to say this is desperately needed!

Hi.  Why?

Edit:  For clarification:  Why in your opinion is this desperately needed?  It would be good to get the additional features,  I agree - but is there a more urgent need?

The original post is from Aug 2017. WHY has this feature not been implemented? It has become extremely frustrating when opening an existing note, written anywhere (web, pc app, on Android) and begin to add text just to find the font, not only isn't the same, but is so small it is illegible. Fix this! 

7 hours ago, caffeinebuzz said:

The original post is from Aug 2017. WHY has this feature not been implemented? It has become extremely frustrating when opening an existing note, written anywhere (web, pc app, on Android) and begin to add text just to find the font, not only isn't the same, but is so small it is illegible. Fix this! 

Hi.  Not a 'fix',  but a major upgrade since coding for Android does not equal coding for iOS / Mac / Windows.  In addition,  each OS had its own historic development team who designed an architecture to suit their specific environment.  Evernote is working on making the user interface work similarly across all devices (given that some have keyboards and big screens,  and others do not).  The company also has to try hard not to disrupt their millions of current users on a wide range of different systems.

Such changes take time...