EN and its apps

What's the deal with EN and their atrocious support of their apps like penultimate, skitch, and Scannable. I am on the public beta and penultimate can't even get into a more without crashing. I looked to see if there was an update and it hasn't been updated for more than a year.  

Have they just given up? Inking in EN is barely functional and certainly not worthy of a "premium" product. 

Am I missing something? Companies are supposed to improve, Evernote has been going backwards.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Jamison.IO said:

What's the deal with EN and their atrocious support of thief apps like penultimate, skitch, and Scannable. I am on the public beta and penultimate can't even get into a more without crashing. I looked to see if there was an update and it hasn't been updated for more than a year. 

I’m using Scannable and haven’t encountered any problems.  Evernote continues to do the job for me; I have a premium account

You may want to reconsider being a beta tester.  You run the risk of facing issues; crashing and such

My suspicion is that Evernote is no longer supporting Penultimate and Skitch and we’ll see an official announcement some day

==>Skitch and we’ll see an official announcement some day

I used Skitch extensively across, Mac, Windows, and IOS.    I believe I read an announcement (I did a quick search and could not find it) that it is now only supported on MacOS.  That is when I stopped using it completely.

• Level 5*

Companies are always introducing new products and seeing what gains traction and what doesn't. And the latter gets scrapped. For example, Google has a long list of abandonware.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Mike McGowan said:

==>Skitch and we’ll see an official announcement some day

I used Skitch extensively across, Mac, Windows, and IOS.    I believe I read an announcement (I did a quick search and could not find it) that it is now only supported on MacOS.  That is when I stopped using it completely.

Skitch's functionality was incorporated into the Windows client a while back. It is no longer a separate product. Right click on an image, and select "Annotate this image", and voila...

3 hours ago, jefito said:

incorporated into the Windows client a while back. It is no longer a separate product.

Correct.   I neglected to add that I use it as you describe.   My "stopped using it altogether" was more correctly stopped using it on my Mac even though I still have it installed.

Archived