Sort By Tags IOS

ryanthelastknight

Idea

I need the ability to sort by tags on iOS. It is the absolute easiest way to manage time prioritization in evernote. It works fantastic on mac.

My Setup:

I am on mac and I accomplish todos/prioritization by using one saved search and sorting by tags:

1. Saved search
    1. todo:false -tag:|*
    2. ( -tag:|* excludes my generic lists. e.g. |shoppinglist |readinglist etc..)
  2. Sorting by tags
    1. My tags use ! - Everyday, 1 - Now, 2 - Next, 3 - Later
    2. This allows me to see all the prioritized stuff up top.

6 replies to this idea

I agree that the limitation in iOS with saved searches of not having the tags available to further sort/search by is unfortunate. I hope this is changed. One way to get around that would be to add a generic tag (ie .task) for all such notes or one notebook (ie Tasks) in which all such notes lived.

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, ryanthelastknight said:

I accomplish todos/prioritization by using one saved search and sorting by tags:

The tag sorting you’re asking for only applies to the first tag in the note.

You’ve hacked this by prefixing your tags with a number, which works until you have a tag with a lower value prefix (.- etc), or another set of numbered tags

I’d suggest you look at different methods for prioritization

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You’ve hacked this by prefixing your tags with a number, which works until you have a tag with a lower value prefix (.- etc)

! is typically used as a prefix to sort things to the top of the list.  The OP does not appear to have named their tags in that fashion, but I wouldn't mind a tag sort option on IOS for my task searches, all tagged !-whatever.  ;)

Of course there may already be a thread for this, up-voted anyway.

21 hours ago, DTLow said:

You’ve hacked this by prefixing your tags with a number, which works until you have a tag with a lower value prefix (.- etc)

Evernote is just a tool that happens to have a tag sort function on mac/windows that behaves in a predictable fashion. I'm just putting in my request for the feature to be included on ios. To each their own.