Cannot save contacts on IOS

Marc F

Idea

Evernote IOS 8.3.356604

When trying to save a contact to my contact list on my IPhone, Evernote confirms "contact saved" in a green bar on the bottom of the display, but the contact does not appear in the contact list. Playing around, I found out

- this problem only occurs if the default contact folder on the IPhone under Settings - Contacts - Default Account is set to my work account (Office 365 Exchange)
- if I change the default account to "on my IPhone", all works fine and the contact appears immediately

But obviously, I am looking for a way to save contacts to my work account, so that they sync properly with Exchange

Any ideas ?

Thx, Marc

5 replies to this idea

On 11/8/2017 at 7:56 PM, Marc F said:

Evernote IOS 8.3.356604

When trying to save a contact to my contact list on my IPhone, Evernote confirms "contact saved" in a green bar on the bottom of the display, but the contact does not appear in the contact list. Playing around, I found out

- this problem only occurs if the default contact folder on the IPhone under Settings - Contacts - Default Account is set to my work account (Office 365 Exchange)
- if I change the default account to "on my IPhone", all works fine and the contact appears immediately

But obviously, I am looking for a way to save contacts to my work account, so that they sync properly with Exchange

Any ideas ?

Thx, Marc

I'm having the same problem since a few weeks ago.

• Level 5*

Hi.  In the absence of any response to the initial post I'm guessing no-one has any working alternatives here - any chance you can copy from your iPhone to the contacts folder after the details have been captured?  I'm not a user,  so no idea whether this is meant to be an option within Evernote - we're mainly a user-supported forum here,  so your best bet is probably to contact Support  -  https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a paying customer,  Twitter - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if not. 

At worst this is a good feature request - try starting a new votable thread in Feedback to test how many users would support it...

The worst is: you can click into a business card, and select "save to contacts" - there is a little popup that says "contact saved." - but it actually doesn't.  Well, it does for some contacts, but 90% of the time it's consistently failing for the same business card (just scanned 25 contacts, 3 showed up in the Exchange contacts). SUCKS!  If at least it would give me an error message that the attempt failed.

Archived