text content of a new note dissapeared

I started a single note yesterday, and types about a "screen" worth of critical content from a job interview on the phone.  This morning, the note was titled still, and yet all text I wrote below the titls is gone.  I even remember writing some summary information after my phone call,and spell checked the note too, so I know content was saved.  What happened??  The quick help suggests checking trash, but since the note title is still there, I don't know how that would work, and I also honestly don't see a "trash" folder to check anywhere.

Any suggestions??  Help!

• Level 5*

Hi. If you're not being notified of responses here,  click the 'follow' button at the top of the page - though according to it you are following this page,  so should see responses.

The first and most important question is: what device did you use yesterday,  and did you sync the content of your note after you finished,  or did you just shut down the app?

If the note was synced to Evernote's servers,  then you stand a chance that it was saved into the note history.  If all else fails and the content is worth it,  you may want to become a Premium subscriber for a month so you can check.

The most likely reason for your 'lost' data would seem to be that the new information was overwritten by another version of the note which hadn't been updated - another device jumped the queue and saved it's version of the note over your work.

(Please be aware we're not support,  just a (mainly) user-driven forum.  You can contact them directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps )

Thank you. I am on a PC using updated windows seven. Although I have the app on my iPhone I never use it there.  Although I may have walked away from my PC without hitting save, I do that all the time at the auto save feature has never failed me before.  Also oddly the note title still being intact in the first line of information was there and everything was time to the same time so it's confusing to me 

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Is there a reason you;re not using the installed desktop version?  Your note would have saved locally as well as being synced to the server,  so it would be saved somewhere,  no matter what.  In this case it could be that your PC lost its internet connection before syncing automatically.

I guess answer to your question would be that I didn't know there was an installed version. Clearly that would help and I will look into that. I have always used it online and in fact occasionally have problems loading it at all when I use chrome. I don't like Internet explorer but it seems to work better there.  Thank you for the tip

Archived