• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
kozalak

Rocketbook App

Idea

I encountered a problem when I use rocketbook app. The ocr does not work when you upload pages using rocketbook app. (although they are jpgs.) When I upload the same page using Evernote app, the pages are searchable, when I upload the page using default camera of IOS, it is searchable. Is there anyone who has the same problem or knows how to solve it.

Thank you in advance.

4 replies to this idea

I emailed them and they wanted me to send them the two images taken by rocketbook app and evernote app so that they can compare them both. I am still waiting for the result. 

Here is their respond to my email :

"Hi Taha,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have a favor to ask if it's not too intrusive -- would you mind sending the Rocketbook scan vs. the Evernote scan of the same page? I wanted to share it with our vision to see what the main differences are.

In a nutshell, we compress the image a little bit in order to make the file size more manageable. I think that might be preventing the Evernote OCR from picking up the text.

Thanks!
Steven

Steven Chen
Product @ Rocketbook"
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kozalak said:

I emailed them and they wanted me to send them the two images taken by rocketbook app and evernote app so that they can compare them both. I am still waiting for the result. 

Here is their respond to my email :

"Hi Taha,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have a favor to ask if it's not too intrusive -- would you mind sending the Rocketbook scan vs. the Evernote scan of the same page? I wanted to share it with our vision to see what the main differences are.

In a nutshell, we compress the image a little bit in order to make the file size more manageable. I think that might be preventing the Evernote OCR from picking up the text.

Thanks!
Steven

Steven Chen
Product @ Rocketbook"

Thank you! Hope they fix it soon!