How to guarantee the largest font in iOS notes?

I gave up on OneNote for various reasons and am trying as best I can to do class presentations in Evernote. But I still have problems with sections of the notes having small text when presented on my iPad (via projector).

On my Mac I set the default font to 24 point. I figured that ought to do it. But when I sync, there are many sections of text on the iPad which end up formatted as the smallest font size. For those sections I need to manually select them and from the formatting icon choose the largest font instead.

Is there a way of simplifying this?

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried for several weeks now, but it's really hell trying to use Evernote for class presentations on an iPad.

Try as I hard as I can, I just can't get the fonts to all be large enough to be seen on a projector. Then I have to stop and try to edit the note in the middle of class and the editing is really difficult with it jumping all over to different places in the note.

Evernote is ok for just scraps of data and things. But it's terrible for presentations. I need to find something else.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally gave up on Evernote for class presentations. It's just way way way too flaky to deal with problems between devices and controlling font sizes, etc. It's great for just handling "scraps of data." It's "so so" for searching. It's pretty good for syncing. But it is horrible for presentations.

I switched to Google Docs for that. Works great!

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, douglerner said:

It's "so so" for searching. It's pretty good for syncing. But it is horrible for presentations.

I switched to Google Docs for that.

I find Evernote’s strength is in the searching and retrieval of my data

I don’t restrict myself to the limitations of the Evernote editor.  Evernote allows us to add documents as attachments to a note, so I use alternate editors to provide the features I need.

I  don’t work with a Google Notes document, but have great success with Word/Pages documents; for example font size

Archived