Organizing a single note's information

Rafael Pinto

Idea

Dear Evernote users and collaborators, 

The only thing that really bothers me about Evernote is how the information inside a Note is organized. Actually, how it is NOT organized. Im a highly visual person and need to have topics clearly separated. To solve that inside a Note, a either use a division line or create a table, with a title inside as a "new topic". 

So, Imagine this: when you enter any website, all the information is organized to the visitor - different colors, text boxes, larger letters for titles etc. What if a website was like a Note, everything black and white, following a top-to-botton sequence? It would be HORRIBLE.

Damn! At the end of the day, a note is nothing but a f* text editor! So, I dont use (and PAY FOR IT) Evernote only to have the same experience that Google Docs or Office delivers (meaning: a simples text editor). I expect better ways to organize the ideas inside a note. For real, I love Evernote but the company have a real hard time creating new features and improving our experience. The platform and funcionalities has been almost the same for the past years.

What do you guys think?

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Sure, Evernote is a rich text editor, yes, along the lines of Word. It's the way that you can organize your note collections that sets Evernote apart from other systems. Not sure what you were expecting, but nobody's making you pay for it...

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Rafael Pinto said:

Damn! At the end of the day, a note is nothing

Seems like you are looking for something beyond a "note"

I find Evernote's editor adequate for basic notes.  For more serious work, I switch to dedicated apps

• Level 5*

I use Evernote to capture ideas quickly.  If I need a good-looking note I word process it in something that does the job - and then copy / paste into Evernote and attach the source file to the same note for future edits.  I have mind maps,  Word documents,  PDF and sound files and pictures in a variety of notes,  plus links to external multimedia files.  It all seems pretty comprehensive to me...

Archived