Study mode feature

Josh Ruiz

Idea

I would like to see a "study mode" feature that completely revamps Evernote, transforming it into an app designed for both note-taking and note-studying. Evernote is currently just the former, and it would need new features to make it like the latter. One example of such a feature could be a tool that automatically makes Flashcards for text that's in, say, bold font. The app could suggest to the user which bullet points or text to include on the backside of such a Flashcard, and allow him to easily select text from the note to add to the flashcard. This would be a huge time saver. Another example might be a tool that lets the user easily "minimize" or hide all text in the square or hollow circle bullet points*. This would allow me to test myself on the content of those bullet points by easily toggling them on (visible) or off (hidden).  Seeing only the main bullet points (big picture) of my notes would also help me as my notes are extremely detailed, and sometimes I want a short and simple version to go over quickly.  I would also like to see the iPad's touch/gesture features utilized in this so called study mode.

*Edit: Hopefully this screenshot helps explain what I mean. I would like a feature that toggles certain bullet points (like the ones I put in green brackets) on or off. 

IMG_0514.jpg

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

You've posted the request and users can add their votes (voting button in the upper left corner of the discussion)

I don't think Evernote is interested in getting into the "study mode" business
They had a Peek application but discontinued support for it

You'd be better off looking at dedicated flash card apps

Archived