Font Size in Left Panel and Note List

• Level 5*

Hi.  Not had that query before.  Best suggestion would be:  try unnstalling and reinstalling the app -

• Restart your computer and close any apps that may auto start.  Open Evernote.
  • As a precaution,  check Tools > Options > General to open the Databases folder,  and then File > Exit Evernote.  
  • Copy your databases folder to your desktop.  (It's a good idea to backup your database regularly anyway...)
  • Then use Control Panel to uninstall Evernote,  and restart your computer (again).
  • Go to Evernote.com,  download and reinstall Evernote.

Thanks for the suggestion, gazumped. Unfortunately, as soon as the new install was opened, it still showed the Left Panel and Note List remained with tiny fonts. This is how it happened in the first place, uninstalling, downloading, and reinstalling.

I should mention that following your instructions, the menu showed the same tiny font.

Also, the databases were automatically imported when the new install was opened. Is that normal because I used the same login info as always?

Thanks

kev

A guess:  right-click on the Windows shortcut you use to start Evernote, select Properties, then Compatibility, then either check or uncheck "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" and see if that makes any difference.  Good luck!

Thank you, Robert. I'm afraid that did not work. I tried it checked and unchecked with restarts in between. It seems that I need to create a new account with a different email address so I can get away from this recurring. 

Can I accomplish that WITHOUT changing the email address to my account?

Can I import the database to a new account so I don't lose any of my notes?

Thank you.

kev

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  That's an odd issue you have there.  I'd suggest you report it to Support directly if you're a paying customer on https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new or tweet them if not via https://twitter.com/evernotehelps - they may be able to suggest an option short of burning the account!

If you do have a second email address you can use,  it should be possible to export your notes from one account notebook by notebook and to import them into another - but beware the upload allowance for your account.  If your exported notes exceed the limit,  you may have to make some notebooks offline only until the allowance resets.  Beware you'd lose any note links and all your note history to date - the new account will start with a clean slate.

Another option would be to share the notebooks from your existing account with another one - then you'd be able to have access to all your notes without worrying about limits - and things which don't survive export/ import would still all be in place.

How to back up (export) and restore (import) notes and notebooks

I created an account from scratch and imported my notebooks and there was the same tiny font. I copied everything into a word doc to paste into a new Evernote account. I created another account and without importing anything, the brand new account had the same tiny font.

Obviously, this is not a prob within Evernote, but an issue with my laptop or Windows 10.

Any ideas?

Thanks

kev

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Right click the desktop and choose "Dsplay Settings"? 

Mine's pre-set to 100% and the only options are higher...

Otherwise try your laptop mfr help site for display resolution issues?

I have been all through the Windows settings and I got nowhere. The font size in every other program/app is unaffected. It's only in Evernote but it can't be Evernote itself. I don't know where to begin finding the right source to troubleshoot this issue.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  OK - on the basis that this is a registry entry of some sort,  you could try the uninstall / reinstall agan using Revo Uninstaller Free to get rid of the bits of Evernote that a Windows install leaves in place.  Don't forget to backup your database folder to somewhere safe,  and export any Local Notebooks to ENEX files.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html

I have 3 days left on my Revo Pro trial so I used it to uninstall, restart, and reinstall. Same old thing, tiny font. (I created another fresh account)

I'm out of ideas at this point. I don't know who I should be asking. It is only a problem in Evernote and no other programs/apps.

• 11 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 7/28/2017 at 4:00 PM, thefonebug said:

Hello, all.

Since a recent reinstall, my font size is tiny and I can't find where to adjust it. It is not in the Note Panel but in the Left Panel and Note List.

Please advise if you can.

Thanks

Did you ever resolve this? I powered on my computer this morning and the note list font is smaller than it used to be. It looks like 8pt font compared to the 10pt font I have in the note body.

Edit: At least in my case, this seems to be a Windows issue. After another restart of the computer, the note list font is back to normal.

• 4 months later...

Archived