How to organize Journal in Evernote?

lamborghini

I want to write about below topics in my diary everyday:

- what was I dreaming and how my sleep went (how I feel after wake up)
- daily accomplishments (outcomes)
- personal developement (what new I learned that day, what book I was reading, what article I read, what video I watched)
- productivity (activity log, screenshot of time tracking apps, thoughts on how productive I was and why)
- finances, and maybe 2 or 3 more things.

If I write about all these aspects in one note - that would make it difficult to check i.e my dreams day by day for few weeks. Productivity part once can be at top and another one at bottom of the note. Hard to locate it... and hard to compare.

I think of doing one MAIN note and link those 5 additional notes there. Not sure if this is good approach. I will spend lots of time on it probably...

BTW. How much time do you spend on journal everyday? 

• Level 5*
On 2017-07-26 at 오후 0시 6분, lamborghini said:

If I write about all these aspects in one note - that would make it difficult to check i.e my dreams day by day for few weeks. Productivity part once can be at top and another one at bottom of the note. Hard to locate it... and hard to compare.

My approach would be to use sub-notes for different aspects of the journal
- linked to the main note with hyperlinks
- use tags so you can group the sub-notes into classes (for example "dreams")
  you could even use a tag for each date although I simply sort by title

For example
   2017/07/26 -Journal
   2017/07/26  Dreams xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   2017/07/26  Tasks

I spend about 5 minutes each morning, setting up my daily journal
Editing sessions during the day
A final 5 minutes at the end of the day

22 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Editing sessions during the day

How many sub-journals do you have? How many sessions and how much time each? 

You create this notes using templates and your dialog script, right? How many templates you have in total? If you want to edit your template becasue you think you can improve it, add some tables etc. you re-edit old notes then?

• Level 5*

I'd just use titles - set up a text expander (or a script in Mac) to add a date and short text string to the title with a key combination - as in "20170726 journal dreams".  After that searches for <intitle:journal intitle:dreams> (etc) will get me all my notes and I can sort by title after.

• Level 5*
On 2017-07-26 at 오후 1시 29분, lamborghini said:

How many sub-journals do you have? How many sessions and how much time each? 

You create this notes using templates and your dialog script, right? How many templates you have in total? If you want to edit your template becasue you think you can improve it, add some tables etc. you re-edit old notes then?

I have 6 classes of subnotes; things I want to keep track of.  Not dreams, but things like day trips and finances

The editing sessions are just to record something that happens.  If I don’t do it during the day, I’d cover it at the final evening session.  Usually, I’m editing 2x3 times during the day

Yes, I use templates; I have about a dozen.  I’m constantly “improving” my templates.  I don’t go back and edit existing notes

Archived