Plus account can search text in PDF

According to Evernote upgrade webpage, "Find text in images, PDFs, and Office docs" is a premium feature. Unfortunately, I found it also works in my Plus account.

Is there anyway to turn it off? I do not want to upgrade to Premium exactly because I hate this feature. I have a lots of PDFs, and search any term will give me tons of results, which makes the search function useless.

• Level 5*

If you add the term "-resource:application/pdf" to your search, this will exclude PDFs. I know of no other way to do this in the Evernote clients that I use (Windows, Android, web).

• Level 5*
On 7/26/2017 at 9:51 AM, Jflycn said:

According to Evernote upgrade webpage, "Find text in images, PDFs, and Office docs" is a premium feature. Unfortunately, I found it also works in my Plus account.

Is there anyway to turn it off? I do not want to upgrade to Premium exactly because I hate this feature. I have a lots of PDFs, and search any term will give me tons of results, which makes the search function useless.

Any level of account has the capability to search OCR'd PDFs.  So if you OCR them yourself or download them the PDFs will be searchable.  I think the Premium option just OCRs PDFs that haven't been OCRd prior to being added to EN.  

In other words for a PDF's contents not be searched it can't be OCRd.

• 4 years later...
On 7/26/2017 at 4:51 PM, Jflycn said:

>"'<h1>hello2</h1>