Will-ep

Missing Notes in Notebook Evernote Web

On my work Windows machine I use the Evernote application, on my work MacBook, I access the notes via Evernote Web.

However today when I logged in for a meeting, I had to reschedule because my notes disappeared.

On the left side of the screen when you click on the ICON for NOTEBOOKS, they slide in from the left.  Upon clicking on ANY notebook, it only SHOWS the latest note from that notebook, with NO WAY of accessing any other notes in that notebook.   I thought maybe I could use the search function, however the same result happens.

What has happened to the online version?

- Will

Hi. If that was the web version,  it sounds like your device couldn't download the full web page.  Have you checked since to see whether the full information is available now?

It looks like it was a temporary issue, however it took several days to resolve itself.

I posted on Monday, checked on Tues, Wed, Thursday and it failed to work.  However today it works fine from multiple systems and browsers again.

Hopefully this was just a one time fluke.... sure was inconvenient though. 

- Will

• Like 1

FWIW I'm seeing the same issue right now.  Just sent this as DM to @EvernoteHelps:

On web, notes I created today via auto file import on Windows appear in "All Notes". Note properties show they are in the default notebook, but when I go to default notebook they are not there. Both old and new Web UI. Same behavior when using API (findNotesMetadata with default notebook as filter does not return notes). Known issue? (Damian - former Evernoter).

I experienced the same issue, AGAIN, around 2:15am this morning when trying to look notes to solve a problem that came up in the middle of the night.

I was able to RDP in to my desktop at work and access the program on that computer and get the info I needed. However even clicking 'sync' did not make a difference, the data was not in the cloud.

It's unfortunate that the owner of the company DOES NOT wish to purchase, yet I use this usually flexible and reliable tool to keep information essential in preforming my job from anywhere, especially when I am on call.

I can only suggest that you keep on messaging Evernote with details - intermittent stuff is impossible to tech,  but maybe with enough information and several systems to compare...

I seem to have a similar problem - I have been using evernote web clipper and IFTTT to send notes to evernote - Iuse the web version only.  Many of the notes I collected from last year are missing as of 11/11/2017 - one tag has noting prior to January 2017. 

Is there a way to see if they are in a server-side backup?

On 12/11/2017 at 1:07 AM, pete_hardie said:

Is there a way to see if they are in a server-side backup?

If you can't see your notes in Evernote web,  then they're basically gone - if they ever existed.  I'm not clear - are you saying you have seen these notes online prior to an update but can no longer see them,  or that you have been clipping and sending,  but have not been checking that all the clips arrived where they should have?

Is it possible that missing notes are all linked to one clip source - either IFTTT or Clipper?

Evernote Support may be able to help you,  but you'll need to contact them direct - https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a paying customer,  Twitter - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if not.  

On 2017-11-11 at 5:07 PM, pete_hardie said:

Many of the notes I collected from last year are missing as of 11/11/2017 - one tag has noting prior to January 2017. 

It's unusual to lose a collection of notes like this.  If deleted, the notes are assigned to the Trash and can be retrieved

Can you see the notes in All Notes view in create date sequence 

6 hours ago, DTLow said:

It's unusual to lose a collection of notes like this.  If deleted, the notes are assigned to the Trash and can be retrieved

Can you see the notes in All Notes view in create date sequence 

No.  To clarify and answer another question, I use the Firefox Evernote Web clipper, and an IFTTT hook exclusivelt - I Only want Evernote as the storage for the links.  I use Evernote Web to check the links, and curate when I need to.  I had one tag with lots of notes from 2016, and that tag now has only notes from January 2017.  I have not deleted them - I even checked, and had only 8 notes in trash, and they were ones I had manually deleted

36 minutes ago, pete_hardie said:

I had one tag with lots of notes from 2016, and that tag now has only notes from January 2017

I'm curious about your reference to tags.

I have over 300 tags.  If I report missing notes, I wouldn't be saying I had one tag with ....

Also what's the significance of the "ifttt hook"?  A missing note is a missing note

14 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I'm curious about your reference to tags.

I have over 300 tags.  If I report missing notes, I wouldn't be saying I had one tag with ....

Also what's the significance of the "ifttt hook"?  A missing note is a missing note

I refer to the tag because that was how I noticed the missing notes - I was putting notes into Evernote since mid 2016 in one tag (this is certain - it was political news, and the election was heating up summer 2016), and now I do not see the tags

The IFTTT hook was because someone else asked how I was getting the notes into Evernote (everyone asks about the desktop, or mobile, or web, and how the note was made, and where the note was being looked at from)

3 minutes ago, pete_hardie said:

and now I do not see the tags

This is a new development.

Do you have missing notes and missing tags?

I know this is an old post.  But I seem to have found a solution to what has frustrated me over the past year with this issue.  I even moved to OneNote because of it.  But I still need my old content because I haven't moved over old stuff.

I can reproduce the issue.  Go to a folder with lots of notes.  Scroll up and down through the notes and they vanish.

Anyway, I found that using IE 11 seems to magically fix the issue of missing notes.  So if you are using Chrome or Firefox, try going two steps back with IE to move forward...   Hopefully, it will help others.

• Like 1