Slow editing problems on an iPad?

The note I'm editing is a bit long I admit (3.5 MB with images, 1,183 words and 5,623 characters).

It's class notes for a lecture for a volunteer class I do on Sundays. I thought I would try to edit it on my new iPad 5th generation since I have a keyboard case. I'm trying to see how much "actual work" I can get done on the iPad.

I noticed a few very severe slowdowns. The iPad doesn't have a "beachball" like the Mac, so I'm not sure what is happening. But I selected about 30 lines of text (song lyrics) in the middle of the note and then touched the formatting option to center the text. It just hung there. I waited like 10 minutes and then finally gave up.

Are there known issues with the speed of formatting and editing longish notes? I'm not talking about novel size. I'm talking one class lecture size.

The note in question did sync to my Mac and I was able to select and center those lines instantly on with my Evernote Mac client.

Thanks,

doug

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm not a user so no practical insights,  but remember that if you're working online your iPad will try to sync any changes to the server when you make them.  As a very crude test - what happens if you make such changes with your network connection disabled?

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, douglerner said:

The note I'm editing is a bit long I admit (3.5 MB with images, 1,183 words and 5,623 characters).

This might be a concern, since the entire note is constantly being sync'd
Evernote works better with smaller notes

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, douglerner said:

In that case wouldn't editing on the Mac be slow too?

Actually the Mac works better with smaller notes too, but Macs have so much “juice”, you won’t notice it

But on the Mac this was basically instant editing and on the iPad it never returned from merely trying to center some lines. I was able to do other addition editing on the iPad though, to the same note, such as adding line breaks.

Archived