A way to add the horizontal line in Evernote for the iPad?

Go to solution Solved by DTLow,

I'm seeing how much actual work I can get done on my new iPad 5th generation with a keyboard case. It seems quite a lot!

One question though. On my Mac Evernote client I am able to add horizontal lines to separate sections in a note. I don't see that in Evernote for my iPad. Is that feature available in the iPad client?

• Level 5*
  • Solution
18 minutes ago, douglerner said:

One question though. On my Mac Evernote client I am able to add horizontal lines to separate sections in a note. I don't see that in Evernote for my iPad. Is that feature available in the iPad client?

This works in IOS v10

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

In the most recent update (Evernote update) for iPad, this feature seems to have been removed. Can you tell me how I can make a horizontal line within a note on the iPad.

For context, the method described above now results in a hyphen or en dash.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
I’m a powere user of Evernote and the loss of this capability drove me crazy. But fortunately I found another solution for creating horizontal lines in both my iPad and iPhone.  Instead of typing three hyphens like we use to be able to do ....type three asterisks *** and click enter.
Hope this helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

That's great to know. Actually, however, if you turn off "Smart Punctuation" in Settings - Keyboards, you can type the three hyphens like before. This works for me - maybe I'm crazy but I detest curly quotes.

• Thanks 2
  • 3 months later...
On 2017-12-08 at 3:51 AM, DGW said:

That's great to know. Actually, however, if you turn off "Smart Punctuation" in Settings - Keyboards, you can type the three hyphens like before. This works for me - maybe I'm crazy but I detest curly quotes.

This solved it for me aswell. Thanks! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes! So glad to finally find a solution for this. For me the === is the best because I don't even need to press "shift". 

I've been considering on only using my iPad for my "portable" life, but things like this line was driving me nuts. 

Thank you all! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...