"Saving to" Evernote not working

This is close to my last straw with Evernote. Trying to save to Evernote no longer works on either iPhone or my iPad. Click save to on an article you want took save, click the Evernote icon from the range of resulting options, the little compass comes up, saving circle completes, the just stays in never ending saving. Nothing gets posted to Evernote. Amy help appreciated

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, afmccormick said:

Click save to on an article you want took save, click the Evernote icon from the range of resulting options, the little compass comes up, saving circle completes, the just stays in never ending saving. Nothing gets posted to Evernote.

Can you post specific web sites with this problem

Generally, I'm not having a problem with web clipping

The usual troubleshooting is to reinstall the software on your device

Thanks for the response. Any website in a browser. Any article from Flipboard, any article from a news app, BBC for example. Save to Evernote had simply stopped working. If I delete the app and reinstall worried about losing my data...

• Level 5*
52 minutes ago, afmccormick said:

If I delete the app and reinstall worried about losing my data...

For the most part, your data is stored and accessed on the Evernote servers (exception for offline Notebooks)

Make sure you sync first.  Reinstalling the app will not impact your data

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, afmccormick said:

Is there a way to create an export file of all my Evernote notes? 

The Mac/Window platforms have an export option

For the other platforms, you’re working with data on the Evernote servers.  The only service I know is cloudHQ (https://www.cloudhq.net/evernote)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same problem here, saving to Evernote used to work fine but now I only get a line like:

?xmlversion="1.0" encoding "UTF-8" standalone="no"?  instead of a web-page 

in the note on iPhone, on the Mac the note only has a header ant the message to start writing or drag any text etc.

Please help, this is annoying

• Level 5*
On 2017-09-01 at 0:27 PM, hvdm said:

Same problem here, saving to Evernote used to work fine but now I only get a line like:

Can you identify your version of IOS

I see this error on my iPad, but I’m running a the IOS 11 beta version 

edited: I have an open ticket on this #2195855

Response from support was

I understand that you're not seeing clipped content come through after using the share extension on iOS. We actually have a known issue related to this, but that issue is specific to the iOS 11 beta

The iOS 11 issue should be fixed in our next release, which will be 8.4 (that we are trying to release as close to the iOS 11 GA as we can).

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

Can you identify your version of IOS

I see this error on my iPad, but I’m running a the IOS 11 beta version 

Me too, IOS 11 beta 8, but this happens since IOS 10

• Level 5*
On 2017-09-01 at 0:27 PM, hvdm said:

in the note on iPhone, on the Mac the note only has a header ant the message to start writing or drag any text etc.

On 2017-09-01 at 0:49 PM, hvdm said:

Me too, IOS 11 beta 8, but this happens since IOS 10

I'm using a work-around for this

Using the share menu     Safari > Create PDF > Evernote

This works for me; my preference is to save the web page as pdf

2 hours ago, DTLow said:

I'm using a work-around for this

Using the share menu     Safari > Create PDF > Evernote

This works for me; my preference is to save the web page as pdf

Thank you ! ( however I still think this issue should be solved in Evernote)

Having this same problem as well "On my iPad. Click save to on an article you want took save, click the Evernote icon from the range of resulting options, the little compass comes up, saving circle completes, the just stays in never ending saving. Nothing gets posted to Evernote. 

I am on ipad 10.5 iOS 11 Dev. beta 9, but the issue was happening in iOS 10.

Earlier user DTLow stated "I have an open ticket on this #2195855"

Does this mean that is a known issue and you are able to reproduce?  any update on the ticket you can provide..tx!

Exactly the same problem.  Both on an iPad (ios11 public beta 9) and iphone6  (iOS 10.3.3) but it's been happening on both devices for quite a while.  I cannot share to EN from Chrome. Period. Window pops up, compass fills, then white progress circle just spins.  I hit cancel and get a plain white "note could not be saved" pop up.

Also, and I don't know if this is related, both devices have, and have had for asking as I can remember, a persistent banner on the home screen icon (the red circle with a one in it) that I cannot clear.  I can't find any pending messages, alerts, etc. inside the app or on the desktop version.

I've been premium since 2010 and this is the first real problem I've had but it's a doozy.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, Evernote_Convert said:

Earlier user DTLow stated "I have an open ticket on this #2195855"

Does this mean that is a known issue and you are able to reproduce?  any update on the ticket you can provide..tx!

I understand that you're not seeing clipped content come through after using the share extension on iOS. We actually have a known issue related to this, but that issue is specific to the iOS 11 beta

The iOS 11 issue should be fixed in our next release, which will be 8.4 (that we are trying to release as close to the iOS 11 GA as we can).

On 9/4/2017 at 0:11 PM, DTLow said:

, but that issue is specific to the iOS 11 beta

I'll relate that I am seeing the same behavior on both iOS 11 (iPad) and iOS 10.3.3 (iPhone 6).  So while there may be something specific to 11, there's also something with 10 that I hope they're looking into as well.

I am having this problem when I try to clip from Chrome on my iPad Pro (iOS 11) but if i copy the URL and paste it into Safari, the site saves perfectly and very quickly. 

It looks like an iOS 11 problem, because both Chrome and Safari work on my iPhone 7+

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 2017-09-01 at 12:27 PM, hvdm said:

I’m seeing this problem as fixed with the latest IOS 11 release

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This doesn't work on any iOS device I have -- iPhone 7 with latest (13.2.3), iPad with iOS 12, old iPad Pro with iOS 9. Always the same thing -- compass spins and spins and the note never saves. Like every other issue I've opened with Evernote, there's been no attempt to fix or even understand the problem.  I don't exactly know what their priorities are for the product, but writing and saving notes are not among them. 

My solution for this problem is Pocket. Saving works flawlessly, tagging is much easier (including intelligent auto suggestions), and the UI is much better for browsing things to read. If it’s really something that needs to be in Evernote, I transfer it over when I get to a desktop computer. Hopefully there will be a good product to replace Evernote soon. 

I have found that I have to open the Evernote application on my iPhone after I save the webpage using the sharing tray before it will sync. Simply saving using the share tray doesn't seem to sync the new note to my account, but if I switch over to Evernote then it runs the sync process and shows up across all my devices. I doubt this behavior is working as intended, but at least there's a relatively simple work-around.

3 hours ago, KenF said:

Hopefully there will be a good product to replace Evernote soon. 

Sounds to me like you found it in Pocket. I've heard others use the same workflow you describe (save it to Pocket, transfer from Pocket to Evernote later if you decide you actually want to keep it), so it seems like it might be a good solution for you.

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, Andy Helms said:

I have found that I have to open the Evernote application on my iPhone after I save the webpage using the sharing tray before it will sync. Simply saving using the share tray doesn't seem to sync the new note to my account, but if I switch over to Evernote then it runs the sync process and shows up across all my devices. I doubt this behavior is working as intended, but at least there's a relatively simple work-around.

I think that is how it works, if EN isn't open the note has only been added to the local data base pending the sync.  It may sync if you turn on background processing for EN.  Not sure though.

• Level 5

There are 3 relevant settings:

1) Background sync - ON

2) use mobile data - ON

3) Only Sync through WiFi - OFF

1 and 2 is in the apps settings in iOS settings, 3 is in the EN app itself, settings, first option right on top of the settings page.

To enable the maximum flexibility on saving, background and mobile data must be allowed, and Only-on-WiFi must be off.

Up to date I had not lost any data due to sync issues. On my iPad I keep nearly all notebooks on „offline“, and disable most syncing options when I know that internet connection will be unstable (like on the train). It will save all changes locally then, and syncs when I reenable the transfer.

I use Pocket as well, but it is by far no substitute for EN.