abandoned evernote due to lack of hirercial orginasation

sanji765

Idea

I have been a long time evernote user,I recently migrated to one note due lack of orgizational structure in evernote,I badly miss evernote,but I won't return unless you introduce organization of stacks under other stacks if you go through the form you can read more about users struggle with your current organisation method,kindly look into this matter with outmost seriousness,thank you

11 replies to this idea

I have found an utterly simple way to fix organisation,that will be a game changer for evernote,allow stacks to be created under stacks,this way stacks function sort of like folders,allowing complex organisational structures to be put in place,omg I just solved evernotes number 1 problem for advanced users with tons of notes,kindly implement this asap

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, sanji765 said:

I have been a long time evernote user,I recently migrated to one note due lack of orgizational structure in evernote,

Evernote has implemented hierarchy organization structure with Tags
The hierarchy is unlimited
I use this on my Mac to organize my Tags

The hierarchy doesn't show everywhere and is missing from IOS
My solution is to control my tagname prefixes to control the order tags are sorted in

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Evernote has implemented hierarchy organization structure with Tags
The hierarchy is unlimited
I use this on my Mac to organize my Tags

The hierarchy doesn't show everywhere and is missing from IOS
My solution is to control my tagname prefixes to control the order tags are sorted

sorry,your solution is a work around for evernotes poor orgazinational functions and it sucks,think of stacks as folders,if one could have unlimited sub-stacks,you essentially solve the biggest and only flaw in evernote,if you can get evermore product managers attention on this,it would be cool,I am a product manager myself

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, sanji765 said:

think of stacks as folders

Or think of Tags as folders  :)

I don’t care what name is used (Folder/Stack/Notebook/Tag); it works for organizing my data

In my view, the biggest flaw is that you can’t adjust to this organization concept.  
It’s used by many people ( over 200 million Evernote users with a % paying)

You can't think of tags as folders,because tags are tags ,the world has gone mobile and ,if you can organise tags into complex hierarcy from mobile devices,then I rest my case,but guess what,you cannot,and its easier to implement that on stacks than on tags

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, sanji765 said:

think of stacks as folders

You can't think of tags as folders,because tags are tags

You can't think of stacks as folders, because stacks are stacks

>>if you can organise tags into complex hierarcy from mobile devices,then I rest my case

The hierarchy isn't available on my iPad; I have to do my tag organization on my Mac

Understood,evernote fourm is useless while suggesting new ideas,I will contact chief product officer of evernote  directly,let's see what happens

Hope you carry your Mac on your shoulders,every time you feel like changing hierarchy in evernote :D

• Level 5*
On 2017-07-17 at 오전 9시 15분, sanji765 said:

evernote fourm is useless while suggesting new ideas

Works well for me.  
Users indicate their support using the voting buttons in the upper left corner of the discussion

This is one of the factors used by Evernote in prioritizing future development 

>>Hope you carry your Mac on your shoulders,every time you feel like changing hierarchy in evernote :D

Whatever works for you; I find it easier to carry my Laptop under my arm

Organizing my tags isn’t a constant activity. I follow up on it ocasionally.  
Mostly I rely on consistent prefixing so my Tags sort alphabeically.  A good practice with Notebooks too
- For example, instead of tagnames Red, Blue, Yellow; I use Colour-Red, Colour-Blue, Colour-Yellow

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, sanji765 said:

Understood,evernote fourm is useless while suggesting new ideas,I will contact chief product officer of evernote  directly,let's see what happens

Knock yourself out. This is a well-known, much discussed topic (search the forums for more). The prior CTO knew about the desire for more hierarchy in the notebooks back in 2008, and suggested using tags then, and that's been the answer now for almost 9 years. Of course, they could indeed change their minds and offer nested notebooks (or stacks; whatever), but don't hold your breath.

The forum is not useless for suggesting new features, but you have to understand that some features that are suggested may never be implemented because they don't fit in with Evernote's organizational philosophy.

Hope you carry your Mac on your shoulders,every time you feel like changing hierarchy in evernote

A lot of people don't bother with hierarchy, because they find that tags are more powerful and more flexible.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, jefito said:

A lot of people don't bother with hierarchy, because they find that tags are more powerful and more flexible.

Also, the hierarchy isn’t always available.

Some menus only show a one dimension list.  There is no tag hierarchy on my iPad

Archived