Sign in to follow this  
erb

Handwrite on .pdf

I have a .pdf and I would like to handwrite notes on the .pdf.  Is that possible?  How?

Thank you!

11 hours ago, erb said:

I have a .pdf and I would like to handwrite notes on the .pdf.  Is that possible?  How?

Evernote has built-in pdf viewer and annotation toolsIMG_1754.PNG.650eb8b787e16dc636922069fb39f342.PNG

Launch the pdf viewer by clicking the pdf
The icon for annotation is in the upper right corner

57 minutes ago, erb said:

No handwriting there...

I can only speak to my experiences on a Mac and iPad with a Premium account

The annotation tools are documented at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005587-How-to-annotate-images-and-PDFs-in-Evernote

My preference is to use third party editors;  
- I  prefer Notabilty on my ipad; this converts the pdf to a proprietary format, then converts back to pdf

On 7/17/2017 at 3:31 PM, DTLow said:

I can only speak to my experiences on a Mac and iPad with a Premium account

The annotation tools are documented at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005587-How-to-annotate-images-and-PDFs-in-Evernote

My preference is to use third party editors;  
- I  prefer Notabilty on my ipad; this converts the pdf to a proprietary format, then converts back to pdf

Agree with DTLow (wow ;) ) but I suggest GoodNotes instead, unlike Notability it OCR's your handwriting before converting the note back to PDF. So in the newly annotated PDF, both the original PDF and your handwriting will be searchable. And in my experience at least, the OCR is very good - I have pretty crappy handwriting but I'd say it gets over 90% right.