Lost note

I use the free edition. I was on my Samsung with both data and WiFi turned off. I tried to read a note in one of my folders. I did not realize both were turned off. So when it told me it did not have either access, I immediately turned my WiFi on. However, when I clicked on the note in the notebook I was wanting to open the whole note had been replaced by my network providers error screen from the internet. I tried everything I could think of to try to get my note back but it did not work. I then went out to my Evernote on my PC to see if I could recover it there. Unfortunately, EN had already updated and the error screen now populates all three of my Evernotes. My PC version, my android version and my internet version. So what can I do to get my note back and why did it do this in the first place? I can understand not allowing access with WiFi and data turned off but why was there and error message when I turned my WiFi back on. The error said the site trying to be reached was not valid. The only site that it should have been trying to reach is the one that allows my EN data to now be synced with my device. So because apparently the syncing site was not available it used whatever site that was being delivered by my internet provider to read into the note. It did not append it to the note but actually overwrote the note. HELP!
Thanks

Dave

• Level 5*

You have a lot going on in your post; I’m just going to focus on how to recover lost content in a note

My solution is to recover the data from backups

I have personal backups and make use of the Evernote Note History backup feature

Access to Note History is a paid account feature, but you can subscribe for a single month

OK so I upgraded my account to Plus. However, when I tried to view my history, it now tells me I have to upgrade to the Premium version. Seriously??? This is sounding more and more like ransom wear to me. I really do not have the money needed to be an EN user I guess. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. When I first started using EN years ago I could send an e-mail directly to their support even though I was not even a paid user. They would answer it as soon as they could. Everyone used it with the idea, paid subscribers would get first help. However, they did do what they could to help even those who were not paid subscribers. Now it is like they have the attitude of, "If we cannot make a buck off them then to hell with them."  I can even understand if they do not provide support for people needing help in just using EN, but when it comes to a bug then it would make sense for them to do all they can to help even the free user in order to debug their program.

I have about had it with EN, especially after upgrading to plus and they still will not help me recover my note.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, dhwolfer@yahoo.com said:

OK so I upgraded my account to Plus. However, when I tried to view my history,

I did indicate Note History is a paid account feature; I could have stated the account levels

You might be able to reverse the charges by contacting support at Contact Evernote Support

This still does not solve the problem the arose out of a bug in their syncing program. I do not have my note back and am no longer confident that their program is that safe to use. Again if I was only trying to recover a note I accidentally lost then I could understand using their account levels to get people to upgrade, but it was their program that lost my data not something I did. 

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, dhwolfer@yahoo.com said:

Again if I was only trying to recover a note I accidentally lost then I could understand using their account levels to get people to upgrade, but it was their program that lost my data not something I did. 

My focus was on recovering your data.  I ignored if the gremlins are in your fingers, your computer, the internet, Evernote's software .....

Let's see here, the problem happened while EN was syncing between my Samsung and my account on line. The problem showed up in all my devices showing EN actually did sync but it synced bad data. It would seem to me that EN would want to get to the bottom of something like this and iron out any bugs they have in their system . But I guess the expect others to pay to use their system and help them debug it. Tat is not typical industry standards.

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, dhwolfer@yahoo.com said:

It would seem to me that EN would want to get to the bottom of something like this and iron out any bugs they have in their system .

And now that you are a paid user, you can open a support ticket at Contact Evernote Supvport

non paying users can contact Evernote at      Twitter @evernotehelps

• 4 months later...

Hi everybody!

Don't have any clue about previous problem but I come with a new case of "data lost" with which I hope you could help me:

I just connected to EN few days ago after a long while ... Result: I found back all my ancient notes, nice !

But here come one problem in my free version: this is the 3rd device connected with this account. So I go to EN website and disconnect the 2 old devices that I'm not using anymore and...I have the feeling that some notes disapeared... Is it possible that we can loose data when we disconnect devices?

Thank you for your lights !

Archived