Left panel list under icons for mac

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, everwondering said:

How do I get the lists under the icons on the left panel for mac on the computer not website? They used to be there.  I cannot find a view for showing the list of notebooks, tags, and notes in the left panel.

I'm guessing the width has been reduced so that only icons are visibleUntitled.jpeg.b7418d87628cdd1ac3e32a0302d49f82.jpeg
You can drag the side of the sidebar to add room for more information

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, everwondering said:

I tried that it won't work.  I read about making the right window with all the list of notebooks as much to the right as possible and that doesn't work either.

What else can I do?

Still not sure what you're seeing,596a3b4d7896d_ScreenShot2017-07-15at08_55_30.png.11028b2bbd7da0a8d23f14e29447be81.png
It would help if you point screenshots

Another solution is to right-click on an item and select lists

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, everwondering said:

This is the left panel.

Very narrow.  Like I said, make it wider by dragging the side

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, everwondering said:

the side will not drag any wider.

Possibly your installation is corrupted.  You can delete the app and reinstall

I need to backup in order to do that. Right?  Also I have the evernote computer application and it is 6.6.1.  Old version but I have issues whenever I update so I have put this off.

My Mac is el capitan 10.11.6

Guess I'll just have to live with this for now.  Thanks for your help.

I am a premium member.  I have had bad luck with help from evernote support who are rarely patient and polite.  Usually they refer me to Google.  Only a couple of times have I had someone who is professional and helpful.  I only use evernote on my computers never with iPhone or iPad.  

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, everwondering said:

Also I have the evernote computer application and it is 6.6.1.  Old version but I have issues whenever I update so I have put this off.

My Mac is el capitan 10.11.6

My instructions were for the current version.  Might not apply to older versions

>>I need to backup in order to do that. Right?  

Backups are a good idea, but Evernote is a cloud application
The master version of your data is stored on the Evernote servers

Reinstalling the app shouldn't impact your data, but your database would be rebuilt from the servers
Note: The rebuild doesn't include Local Notebooks or unsync'd data

• Level 5*
43 minutes ago, everwondering said:

This is the left panel.

evernote left panel mac.png

I have the same left panel.  I'm running Evernote 6.9.2 (454158) on macOS 10.11.6.

Here's an animated GIF showing how to expand the left panel, and show your NB list:

2017-07-15_11-40-46.gif.63df7e56bbac85ac638d5ce719a59b20.gif

wow   That was cool.  Helpful but I think my version of evernote is too old. I do not get the line with two arrows.  I only get a single bar without the arrow or arrows.

Thank you so much.  I can not get the full menu as you show.

Whoa!  I tried one more time after looking at your animated gif.  I didn't more my arrow far enough to the right for it to change to double arrow and make wider.

Yippee.....That works and now I have the list under the icons.  Thank you for the animated gif.  I think this would help many people out and you should submit to the evernote support  team.  Make note that you have to be patient for moving the arrow far to the right before it changes to double arrow.  Thanks.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, everwondering said:

Can I download this animated gif so I don't forget what to do? or where would I save it ?  How did you do this?

Just right-click on the image, and click "Save image as..."

EDIT:  Better still, select the image (and any text you want) in my post, and then click on the Evernote Web Clipper.

Archived