• Announcements

• gbarry

Reach out to Evernote support on Twitter @EvernoteHelps   09/20/2016

We've been leveling up our support across all channels. If you're active on Twitter, try your hand with our @evernotehelps feed. It's helmed by a crack team out of Austin, TX who are here to answer your questions. They're generally active from 7am-4pm CST.  https://twitter.com/evernotehelps  
vilacha

website / credit card Confusing auto-renew

7 posts in this topic

My premium subscription was automatically renewed and I didn't want to. I haven't received any email notifying me my subscription would renew plus I cannot figure out how to cancel it from the web site. I would like you to cancel my subscription and issue a refund please. This is my support ticket Ticket# 2149674 and my transaction number 1635000918248305. This is a disappointment for me. It feels a bit of a sneaky behaviour. I've never thought Evernote would do this to his customers. I am college student and for me every penny counts. I hope you can do something about it.

I totally agree with your frustration with this "sneaky" behavior. I needed my account to expire so I could renew with a discount code and/or go monthly. I looked at my account from top to bottom and there weren't any comprehensive options to know if my account was going to renew, which card, etc. It just showed my past charges. I get the feeling this is intentional so I may need to put this out on Twitter and get the vibe from other Evernote users.

I contacted them and they refunded me the money. Still I don't understand why they're making it so complicated. You actually need to downgrade your account which gets you thinking whether you will lose the remaining months of the current subscription or not. 

Your account page at Evernote.com gives you full access to your account status,  your payment methods and ongoing information about the renewal date.  Any of that can be changed at any time,  to upgrade / downgrade or cancel. 

Evernote's help pages include How to manage your Evernote subscription which is a fairly comprehensive guide.  And they deal with and often refund customer errors and misunderstandings quickly.

Other than an annual email (more than 50% of which would probably wind up in spam folders) they seem to have covered the options pretty well.

@gazumped Where is the option to CANCEL? I see all of the "keep a customer" options, but not CANCEL. This has to be intentional when it is not obvious.

This is the information posted for switching payment processors --

You must wait until your current subscription expires before you can switch payment processors. Once your account has reverted to Evernote Basic, you can purchase a new subscription using your preferred payment processor.

So, how does a subscription expire as mentioned above? This is what I wanted and expected when there weren't any obvious renewal indicators. Instead, I get a renewal confirmation. THIS is the issue in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, CurtG said:

Where is the option to CANCEL? I see all of the "keep a customer" options, but not CANCEL.

Select Basic Account Subscription

This takes effect when your subscription runs out; there will be no future payments charged

>>I looked at my account from top to bottom and there weren't any comprehensive options to know if my account was going to renew, which card, etc

My subscription page has this message596d80be5958a_ScreenShot2017-07-17at19_40_19.png.315ad263ba28ca6f95785d3e990de26d.png

I can also go to the renewal page, I see this596d75cbb761c_ScreenShot2017-07-17at19_41_45.png.ef05361cc8a1e7c6589f7f738d1f3678.png

and can specify my credit card info

1 person likes this

Per @DTLow - it's possible to select Basic at any time so that your account downgrades at the next opportunity.