Importing from Onenote

Slim1950

• Level 5*
On 2017-07-13 at 오후 0시 34분, Slim1950 said:

Is it possible to import from Onenote to Evernote?

There’s no direct conversion service

edited;  Evernote/Windows has an import option

You need to look at the export options in OneNote.  Evernote’s native format is based on html, but any file format can be imported as a note attachment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/13/2017 at 3:42 PM, DTLow said:

There’s no direct conversion service

You need to look at the export options in OneNote.  Evernote’s native format is based on html, but any file format can be imported as a note attachment

Right now, the only export option from OneNote is as PDFs.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, macfixer said:

Right now, the only export option from OneNote is as PDFs.

Note, I edited my post to acknowlege that Evernote/Windows has a OneNote import feature

I could work with exported pdfs.  Most of my static data is in pdf format, as an attachment to a note.

Does this include any metadata?  I’m guessing the title, if nothing else

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 2017-07-13 at 오후 0시 34분, Slim1950 said:

Here’s a discussion from a user who successfully imported from OneNote using Evernote/Windows

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I was using Evernote on my Windows 10 PC to convert a notebook section from OneNote to Evernote, using the Import command on the File menu.  My computer crashed (which it does periodically, so I don't blame Evernote) and left me with "Cant Build Table" error when I tried to restart Evernote.  So I uninstalled Evernote and got a new app from the Windows 10 app store.  But this app is very different from the one I had before (it was listed as Evernote Touch) and doesn't seem to have a file command.  How do I get the app I had before, which is more of a desktop program than a device app?

Or--should I be rethinking my plan of moving my old OneNote notebook sections to Evernote?  I have gotten used to Evernote because I have a PC laptop, an Ipad tablet, and an Android phone and Evernote seemed to have better consistency among all those platforms, but I'm reading about even Premium users having support issues and I notice that, other than Evernote web, there don't seem to be easy links for getting help from the Evernote apps.

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2017 at 2:34 PM, Slim1950 said:

Take a look at CloudHQ.net. I wrote a post about it: https://www.frankbuck.org/cloudhq-easy-way-to-sync-your-accounts/

The site is designed to allow you to keep different services in sync with each other. But, you can also do a one-way sync. In your case, you could do a one-way sync from OneNote to Evernote. You could then turn the sync off if you wanted. You would be able to do what you want to do for free.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, 

follow these steps :

1. Sign in to Evernote, and then open the "File" menu.

2. Select "Import," and then choose "Microsoft OneNote" from the submenu to open the OneNote Import wizard.

3. Click the drop-down box, and then select the Notebook that has the files you want to import.

4. Click the check box next to each section that you want to import.

5. Click the "OK" button to import the OneNote files.

6. Click the "Yes" button on the Data Import Successful dialog window.

hope this helps! 

DigitalOceanSiteGroundiPage

Edited by Celina27
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

When I choose File / Import... menu item it immediately opens a file selection box, there is no submenu with the option "Microsoft OneNote". Then when I select a onepkg file created from OneNote 2010, a single note is created in Evernote which contains the OneNote notebook as an embedded object, which means that a proper import of notebook contents hasn't been performed.

I'm running Evernote version 10.5.7 build 2171 public on Windows, on a free account.

Is this option to import OneNote gone or otherwise how to do a proper import into Evernote?

On 1/23/2021 at 4:54 AM, sucher0815 said:

With the legacy version of Evernote for Windows it is possible to import Onenote notebooks directly. 

... so... install Legacy Evernote... export OneNote notebooks (.zip file)... Expand the .zip files (turns into folder)... goto Legacy Evernote and import... 

Once all that is done and sync'd... then you can go to the current Evernote and enjoy life?