Google Backup And Sync For Evernote

Hi, 

Google just launched a new app that replaces Google Drive called 'Backup and Sync'.

I just wondered if it is at all useful if you for whatever reason wants a "third" place to keep a copy of the database. I'm not really willing to pay for time machine or an external drive during this time. I just pointed the app toward the Evernote database in the Application Support finder folder. Might this disrupt something or is it a safe way to backup a database? 

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, Limegreen said:

Might this disrupt something or is it a safe way to backup a database? 

I don’t see any harm in backing up the database.

You might find it difficult to make use of a full database file backup.  

Its easier to restore from smaller export files

14 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I don’t see any harm in backing up the database.

You might find it difficult to make use of a full database file backup.  

Its easier to restore from smaller export files

Yeah I had been doing that, but I have a lot of notebooks, and I thought this might be a automatic and free alternative that keeps the notebook data intact. But if it is difficult restore with those files I may keep doing it the old way, it doesn't take more than five minutes to export my most important notebooks, I just forget to do it. 

• Level 5*

Thanks for the heads up - hadn't seen this before.  Looks like a neat way to backup your databases file or folder (windows) or your Evernote files (Mac) - not sure what the implications for Evernote would be if you had the app open when backing up...  I'd guess possible errors in any note you were working on at the time.  Useful if you can manually trigger the backup as required,  or just leave it in the background and let it run when you're not using the machine.  I'll have a look into this in more detail over the next couple of days!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

If you want to take backup of your all Google apps account emails then you can download Softaken Google apps backup software to export all mailbox items from Google apps. By using Gsuite backup software, you can easily save mailbox items from Google apps into PST, EML, MSG, MBOX file formats for accessing data with other email clients such as MS Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Apple mail and more.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...