Mouse shortcut for editing

Raj1992

Idea

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Raj1992 said:

Is there an option to assign programmable mouse buttons to editing functions like bold, italic, highlight? 
Does Logitech Options support Evernote?

afaik   Programmable Mouse Buttons is more of an OS thing, with no support for/by Evernote59667224bb281_ScreenShot2017-07-12at11_50_40.png.fa5aaab95ec139541a1b793deff5a81b.png

From the Logictech site, I see you can select keystroke assignment
so, if you know the keystrokes for Bold, you could assign them and that might trigger the editing functions.  I’m not able to test this out; my mouse is button deficient 

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Raj1992 said:

Is there an option to assign programmable mouse buttons to editing functions like bold, italic, highlight? 

@DTLow has provided the direct answer for you.  But I'd like to ask do you know that almost all of the editing functions have shortcut keys?

Yes... Im aware it.. It is highly inconvenient if you are editing notes with one hand while the other hand is on the mouse. 

For example, I use Bold(Ctrl+B) and Highlight(Ctrl+Shift+H) a lot. Its difficult to hold Ctrl+Shift while stretching your fingers all the way to H.

Plus while alternating between Bold and Highlight, an accidental Ctrl+Shift+B will insert the Bulleted List.

So was looking for something more convenient. 

P.S. I mostly copy paste text from webpages and edit(highlight,bold,italic,underline) them to make them easy for me to study for my exams(hence one hand on keyboard and other on mouse). Very less typing using two hands.

@DTLow Thanks. This worked. In fact im thinking of buying a 7 button mouse and assign various keystrokes.

But since Logitech mice are expensive, any other mice could be programmed using X-Mouse Button Control.

Also I found out a software called KeyTweak to reassign keys on my keyobard.(e.g., interchange Left Ctrl and Left Alt) for convenience sake. 

Best part both free and easy to use. :)

Quick update: Found an app to assign hokeys for certain key combinations. 

Eg ctrl+shift+h can be assigned to crtl+w or alt+q or shift+q or any key combination as per convenience. 

Plus these hot keys can be made program specific or as default for entire computer.  

App is Autohotkey. It's free but a Lil complicated. 

Archived