Evernote IOS is so unintuitive as to be useless for new users

car377

Idea

I've been using Evernote for years on older iPhone 4 and iPhone 6.  Just got a new iPhone 7, and downloaded Evernote from the App Store.  As far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything except create a new note.  The advertising for this release boasts that it takes you right back to what you were working on last, without having to mess with navigational controls to get there from a home page.  Apparently that's the only place it takes you back to - no sync control, no other functions available except making one note after another, no home page, no way to go anywhere else except note-making and note-making options.  You should  rename the product "Onlynote", or "Bet you can't guess where we hid the home page!".  You've cleverly turned a pretty useful app into a frustrating, non-intuitive video game.  I don't have time for this, and I suspect others will react the same way.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, car377 said:

I've been using Evernote for years on older iPhone 4 and iPhone 6.  Just got a new iPhone 7, and downloaded Evernote from the App Store.  As far as I can tell, it doesn't do anything except create a new note.  The advertising for this release boasts that it takes you right back to what you were working on last, without having to mess with navigational controls to get there from a home page.  Apparently that's the only place it takes you back to - no sync control, no other functions available except making one note after another, no home page, no way to go anywhere else except note-making and note-making options. 

I'm using the new IOS version on an iPadIMG_0286.thumb.PNG.6614d59eba54b3cda439d5e0103a8329.PNG

I can add new notes, edit notes, search for notes

The home page shows "All Notes".  From there, I can filter to specific notebooks, tags, ....

• Level 5*

The home screen has been “replaced” by the strip at the bottom on the screen, or on the side on the iPad.  The default view is now all notes when you open the app.  A lot of discussion about this in the release thread.  I’d just as soon have the old home screen since it was more efficient for me (less presses to get something done).  But I am getting used to it.  :wacko:

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, pgdahl said:

Evernote is on a quest to render their apps pretty but useless. It started with Mac and has now come to iOS.

Personally, I find the Evernote service very useful: that’s why I subscribe to it 

They have made changes to the UI; I’ve managed to adjust

I complete agreed wit that the new Evernote iOS is complete useless. Off course as existing user for using old version, and right now I use Evernote Android. Since Evernote iOS is basically useless interface. After so long, it seem the area need to improve never improve, but area need to keep, they are remove away (eg atlas map). I wonder, really they are operate subscription business, we are the paid customer, but it seem they are not really even know what the current users is use it for what.

I am consider to stop subscription after the end of the current term, after so many years. As surprising new app is worst than last. 

Archived