Suggestion for a Pinned Message

Glennie

Idea

"For those of you about to spend some time listing your requests for improvements to the Web version"

There have been no significant improvements to the Web version for at least 18 months. None of the requests made here have been implemented. Neither have there been any responses from representatives of the company. 

The last time Release Notes were published was almost a year ago.

This is not to discourage you from indicating how you would like to see the Web version improve. Contributors make very good suggestions which receive a lot of support.  It is simply to alert you to the fact that, taking into account Evernote's recent track record, there is little or no reason to believe that what you request will be implemented in the foreseeable future. The Web version, to all intents and purposes, appears to have been abandoned in development terms"

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

A little 'Chicken Little' there aren't we?  (and yes,  I read the plot of the film...;))

Just for balance - I think I may have mentioned once or twice that Evernote did say they were redeveloping the whole web service from scratch.  Last time they did a project like that (the common editor) it took the best part of 4 years.  They famously don't comment on work in progress until it gets released,  so we're not going to get 'coming next week' announcements until it's done.  And 18 months is not much in development time...

Not saying that means new suggestions will make it into a new version - not if it's been in development for a while - but new ideas for the web stuff might still make it into the desktop or mobile versions.  All the developers browse around here,  and there's no monopoly on good ideas...

Not sure who Chicken Little is...maybe a story that was never read to me...not sure it is an especially flattering comparison...

Anyway...4 years...OK. 

I'd like some requests for the web service to actually benefit the web service. All good luck to other versions and their users. But some of us are on the web version because we can't actually use anything else most of the time. :)

• Level 5*

:) Think Boy Who Cried Wolf but with a happy ending. 

No-one knows what the 'new' web service will look like if and when it appears...  hopefully they'll achieve the (nearly) impossible and make EN web work as well as EN desktop.

Only time will tell...

Hi all.

Like Glennie I'm kind of stuck with the web version most of the time and would appreciate some kind of development activity.

It's difficult to understand why some simple features like highlighting never made it to the web version. Better management of tables would be great as well. Ability to merge notes would be awesome. A simplify note formatting would be handy. Croping and resizing images does seem like a nice to have.

Best regards.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Boblemarin said:

Like Glennie I'm kind of stuck with the web version most of the time and would appreciate some kind of development activity.

We're all waiting for the next version of the Web platform, and supposedly it's in the works
Supposedly there is a "common editor" project which should give feature parity with the other platforms; subject to the platform/device limitations

Unlike Glennie, I recognize that development activity comes at a cost.  Currently the software is provided free of charge and I'm not willing to pay for those costs

Archived