Zombie Undeletable Notes

Hello

Using Evernote 6.5.4.4720 (304720) on Windows 7 Pro 64Bit.

We started getting a sync error recently. I looked at the logs & could see it is a particular note giving a Permission Denied error.

If you search for the note (on the heading "Notebook" search magnifing glass, it is found, and says it is in the Artworks 2016 Notebook. If you search the Artworks 2016 Notebook itself, it is not found.

The note will not delete. If you move it to trash, nothing really happens. It does not go to trash. It does however have a padlock icon top right saying it is deleted.

I tried moving it to another notebook, but that created a copy and did not shift the original.

I created a new note and then merged. This resulted in the original and merge result both becoming undeletable.

Help, the apocalypse has begun!

• Level 5*

Hi.  Did you try the old reliable "log out and then back in"?  If doing that to Evernote doesn't work,  try rebooting your desktop.

If that fails,  you have the choice of

• optimizing the the database - hold Control and click Help,  then select that option
  • rebuilding your database from the server (which will only include notes which have synced successfully,  and excludes Local Notebooks too...)

In both cases you need a backup copy of your databases folder in case bad things happen during the process,  so copy it to your desktop (Evernote > Tools > Options > General for the location,  but File > Exit Evernote before you copy the folder.)

Archived