Can't sync, can't submit ticket, can't upgrade - help!!!

Dear Evernote Moderator,

I'm reaching out to you to ask for help as I can't find any other channel through which to do it.

I love Evernote but recently (approx Saturday 1/7/17) my Evernote Basic stopped syncing from my laptop. (works fine from my iPhone). I just get the red exclamation mark error symbol over the sync.

I'm quite computer savvy and I've tried everything in the help list including:

Checking my Internet connection

Restarting my computer

Checking I am using the latest version

Checking the status blog

Emptying my trash (which actually doesn't work either at the moment)

Opening Internet Explorer to ensure Work Offline is not checked (apparently this doesn't exist in IE11?)

Checking that I only have 2 devices associated with my Evernote Basic

Uninstalling and reinstalling Evernote

I also tried hitting the "upgrade" button to upgrade to Premium but it does not work for me (see attached image - I just get a blank window).

Following all of this I tried to contact support but despite many instructions to "submit a ticket" and "attach my activity log" I could not find anywhere to do this. Then I went onto the forums and discovered you can only submit a ticket if you have Premium. (It would be helpful if this was specified as soon as you hit "Contact Support".)

So you can see I am stuck in a loop. Can't sync, can't upgrade, can't contact support.

Please help me!

Thanking you in advance

Ross

Evernote Sync Error.jpg

Evernote Upgrade Error.jpg

Evernote_6.5.4.4720_20170705.log

• Level 5*
On 2017-07-04 at 오후 6시 49분, conrosco said:

I just get the red exclamation mark error symbol over the sync.

My understanding is this indicates a note is stopping the sync process
Delete and expunge the note and syncing will resume

I don't have an example to experiment with.  Does clicking on the exclamation mark identify the note.
You might have to look at the Activity Log

• Level 5*

On a Windows computer,  Ctrl+clicking on the red "!" will often get you a specific error related to the problem.  The Activity Log is also good.

For general troubleshooting this may help - How to troubleshoot syncing issues  - though you seem to have done most of the basics.

You'll be able to see your synced notes by signing into Evernote.com in any browser.

Thanks Gazumped and DTLow, I tried the ctrl+click but it says "no matching notes found". I looked up the Activity Log and the line that seems most relevant is "database disk image is malformed". Any idea what that means?

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, conrosco said:

I looked up the Activity Log and the line that seems most relevant is "database disk image is malformed". Any idea what that means?

Sounds serious, but I have no idea

I don't spend a lot of time troubleshooting my devices
My solution would be: delete the database (.exb file) and let it be rebuilt from the servers
Warning: The rebuild doesn't include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes

Thanks DTLow. I found the .exb file and shifted it to another folder. Restarted Evernote and now the sync works, although there are only 5 notes showing out of 50 odd. All of them show up on my other device. Will watch and see what happens.

Archived