script EN titles to PDFs?

You can't rename it. You have to open the pdf in another app (PDF expert for example), rename it and than reimport inside your note and delete the first pdf.

• Level 5*

Depends what your platform is - in Windows desktop I can rename an attached file by right-clicking on it.  My question would be: why bother?  It will be neater to have the attachments named according to the note,  but find a note,  and you find the attachment.  It's not like you have to search the files by name...

Not exactly scripting,  but in Windows this could be possible (ish) by using a keystroke recorder like Phrase Express - not sure how much you could automate unless the attachments is always in the same physical position in the note,  but you could record some of the keystrokes required for each operation.

• Level 5*
53 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Depends what your platform is - in Windows desktop I can rename an attached file by right-clicking on it.  My question would be: why bother? 

Likewise on my Mac; I have a rename option59566765c4a01_ScreenShot2017-06-30at07_52_57.png.30812c39ad7c2fea6b93a485454aa425.png
I'd like to be able to script this but the rename function is no longer available in Applescript

Renaming isn't necessary, but I try to follow up on this.
Exporting a bunch of pdf attachments named "Receipts" can lead to confusion

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Not exactly scripting,  but in Windows this could be possible (ish) by using a keystroke recorder like Phrase Express - not sure how much you could automate unless the attachments is always in the same physical position in the note,  but you could record some of the keystrokes required for each operation.

Yeah, as long as the attachment is first thing in the note you can use PE to copy the title and use that title to rename the PDF.  A little more complicated than most captures in that you might have to create a couple of mouse position steps, but doable.  Particularly for 500 actions.

• Level 5*

I take DTL's comment about receipts,  but for the average reports,  minutes,  user guides and whatnot,  I just leave the files with whatever weird machine name they got from being downloaded.  They'll never be exported out in any more than ones or twos...

And the PE thing I think is possible,  but probably not practical unless you really REALLY need to rename files.. ;)

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, gazumped said:

And the PE thing I think is possible

Took it as a challenge, and it is possible.  Had to add the last mouse position due to an idiosyncrasy of PE.  The mouse positions are specific to my two monitor set up.  Change them to the particulars of one's own set up.  

But the below will rename an attached PDF, first in line in the note, with the note title.  I don't feel compelled to rename PDFs either, but should I ever....  ;)

{#CTRL -chars a}{#CTRL -chars c}{#mouseposition -x 3200 -y 500}{#RIGHTMOUSEBUTTON}{#mouseposition -x 3275 -y 750}{#LEFTMOUSEBUTTON}{#mouseposition -x 2947 -y 542}{#CTRL -chars a}{#CTRL -chars v}{#NONE -chars .pdf}{#ENTER}

Archived