Note details disappearing

I travel ALOT for my job 3-4 hours to visit locations and I DEPEND on evernote with what I'm noting in each location.  I've had AT LEAST 3 locations I've added notes for to only open the note and find all of my notes I made completely gone!  This has happened SEVERAL times over the last 3 weeks  I'm ready to delete this app and find another source I can depend on.  EXTREMELY ANNOYED AND DISAPPOINTED. 

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, pclpack said:

I travel ALOT for my job 3-4 hours to visit locations and I DEPEND on evernote with what I'm noting in each location.  I've had AT LEAST 3 locations I've added notes for to only open the note and find all of my notes I made completely gone!  This has happened SEVERAL times over the last 3 weeks  I'm ready to delete this app and find another source I can depend on.  EXTREMELY ANNOYED AND DISAPPOINTED. 

Evernote is a cloud app.  
If you add a note and sync your device, the note is stored on the Evernote servers and shouldn't disappear.  
Note, this required an internet connection

Evernote supports offline mode as well.  

We could advise you better if you let us know the device/platform you use and if you completed the sync process

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, pclpack said:

I've always used evernote only on my phone - I'm using an IPhone 6 plus.  Out of all the years I've been using it, I've only used my phone.

Next question   With/Without Internet access; are your notes syncing to the Evernote servers

It shows the notes have sync'd - whether or not they have sync'd they shouldn't disappear!  I also have full cellular service with unlimited data so I shouldn't require internet access to sync

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, pclpack said:

It shows the notes have sync'd - whether or not they have sync'd they shouldn't disappear!

When syncing, the notes are uploaded to the servers and removed from your iPhone 
- exception if you have set up offline notebooks (paid account feature)

The notes shouldn't "disappear" but you'd see a message saying internet access is required

Can you get access to a Win/Mac device and check your notes on the web platform (www.evernote.com)

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, pclpack said:

When I look online they are the same as my phone notes - still missing notes made

This tells me the notes did not sync

The iPhone has a cache, but generally does not maintain Note data, just the metadata

When you access notes on your iPhone, it uses the internet to retrieve the note data

However, the notes shouldn't disappear from the iPhone before syncing.  I  don't know what would cause this

Archived