tavor

Note "too large to sync" notification

I have a large note (~9MB) in a shared notebook. One of the people with access to this shared notebook receives the following message repeatedly in the EN iOS app.

"Note cannot be synced" "The note [note title] in [shared notebook name] is too large to sync. Edit the note to reduce its size."

I created the shared notebook and added the note to the shared notebook via my account, and I do not receive this message in the EN apps I use - Windows and Android.

Is there any way to resolve this issue apart from shrinking the note or removing it from the shared notebook?

25 minutes ago, tavor said:

I have a large note (~9MB) in a shared notebook. One of the people with access to this shared notebook receives the following message repeatedly in the EN iOS app.

That doesn't seem large for a note, and I haven't seen that error message

Your sharee shouldn't have a problem syncing or viewing the note.  
Size limits would apply with editing; for example if they tried to duplicate the note into their own notebook

Sounds more like they have a problem with available storage space in their device.  There's no way to fix the message without doing something with that note - is shrinkage a problem?

I asked about storage, but the person has 2GB free on the iPhone.

Hmmn.  Short term work-around,  make the note public so it will open (v-e-r-y   s-l-o-w-l-y)* in a browser, and send this individual the link.

Longer term - talk to Support I think;  I got nothing :huh:

* 9MB is a big web page...

Mystery solved. There were multiple attachments, and I only noticed the first one, which was 9MB. In total, the attachments exceeded 25MB.

• Like 1