Jordan P

Selective sync / Encrypted notebooks / sync only certain notebooks locally / Separate profiles

Idea

I am an Evernote Plus member and have been since college. Recently downloaded the Evernote Desktop app for Mac on a work machine and was aghast to find it downloading all of my personal notebooks, and notebooks from previous jobs, upon first sign-in. This is really a deal-breaker for me since I do not wish to store all of my personal notes on my work computer. I think the following solutions would work:

• Encrypt certain notebooks with separate passwords.
  • Ability to select certain notebooks for local syncing. Keep the others on Evernote's servers.
  • Separate "profiles" or "accounts" all linked to my original Evernote account, with different notebooks. I could just sign in with my work email address, for example.

Thanks!

1 reply to this idea

9 minutes ago, Jordan P said:

Recently downloaded the Evernote Desktop app for Mac on a work machine and was aghast to find it downloading all of my personal notebooks, and notebooks from previous jobs, upon first sign-in.

Mobile platforms already have selective sync
Windows platform has "demand sync", and an indication that selective sync is also planned

Evernote hasn't given any indication they're interested in encryption at the notebook level
I use third party encryption for data I wish to keep private

Evernote doesn't have profiles or sub-accounts
You could open separate accounts if you need to keep your notes separated
I prefer to keep all my notes in one place