Idea

I am wondering if a Pinned Notes on a Notebook is already in effect, or implemented.

"IF NOT" then I hope something as easy as this one could be implemented - The benefit of this feature may be on using Notebooks on a Per Project Basis. A Pinned Note may serve as the Project Charter, or Summary which if pinned, will immediately be seen on top of the list.

7 replies to this idea

23 minutes ago, JErnestGo said:

I am wondering if a Pinned Notes on a Notebook is already in effect, or implemented.

Evernote hasn't shown an interest in implementing "Pinned Notes on a Notebook"
Pinned Notes has been implemented in the Reminders section

Personally, I have very few Notebooks (Tag person) so there's no benefit to me
Maybe if this was tied to Saved Searches

There has been much discussion in the forums and you can search for work arounds
My solution is to switch to title sequence; I add prefixes so the notes sort into the required order

10 hours ago, DTLow said:

Evernote hasn't shown an interest in implementing "Pinned Notes on a Notebook"
Pinned Notes has been implemented in the Reminders section

Personally, I have very few Notebooks (Tag person) so there's no benefit to me
Maybe if this was tied to Saved Searches

There has been much discussion in the forums and you can search for work arounds
My solution is to switch to title sequence; I add prefixes so the notes sort into the required order

I agree on adding special characters on the Note's name. However I find it difficult if the notes are sorted according to its creation date which is also important for me. Even if the note begins with a special chracater but if it is sorted according to created date/time then it cannot be "pinned" the other way around.

2 minutes ago, JErnestGo said:

However I find it difficult if the notes are sorted according to its creation date which is also important for me.

Some users adjust creation/update date (Win/Mac feature)

10 hours ago, DTLow said:

Some users adjust creation/update date (Win/Mac feature)

You mean they have to readjust it as often as possible? Say I like my Main Inbox, or repository to be sorted from most recent to most outdated then if I have to go to a specific notebook, I will then (manually) rearrange them by title so the note that begins with a special character is "worked around" and "pinned" on top of the list?

2 minutes ago, JErnestGo said:

Say I like my Main Inbox, or repository to be sorted from most recent to most outdated then if I have to go to a specific notebook, I will then (manually) rearrange them by title so the note that begins with a special character is "worked around" and "pinned" on top of the list?

Sorting by title makes "pining" easy by prefixing the note titles

Sorting by creation date makes "pinning" easy by manually setting the date.  For example, set the date to 3000/01/01 and the note will sort to the top of your list

2 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Sorting by title makes "pining" easy by prefixing the note titles

Sorting by creation date makes "pinning" easy by manually setting the date.  For example, set the date to 3000/01/01 and the note will sort to the top of your list

I agree.

Now do we mean to say that sorting is done manually as per need. Cannot it be set like for this notebook I sort it per title then for another notebook this is sorted by date?

9 minutes ago, JErnestGo said:

Cannot it be set like for this notebook I sort it per title then for another notebook this is sorted by date?

Saved sort parameters is another discussion.  

It's actually a feature in the Windows platform.

My solution on the Mac platform is to use Applescript