Display Problems with PDFs and Word Documents

Whenever I add a PDF or Word file into a note (attach it) it shows the outline of the document but does not show the content.  I have to click on the eye icon to see the content of the document while scrolling through the note.  Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or is this a glitch that needs to be updated.  I have updated to the latest version of evernote for MAC.  thanks.  Note in the picture below there is no text within the document box.  

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 6.33.20 PM.png

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Whenever I add a PDF or Word file into a note (attach it) it shows the outline of the document but does not show the content.

I don't have a problem with seeing pdf content and I never click on the eye icon

Is the display fixed if you switch to attachment view, then switch back to inline

My solution with devices is

1. Reboot the device; it solves many problems
  2. Delete the app and reinstall
  3. Complete deletion (apps, database, ...) and reinstall; let the database be rebuilt from the servers
    Warning: The rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes

I deleted my evernote program, rebooted the Mac and then reinstalled the program.  The problem persists.  Strangely, when I first opened Evernote again the pdfs were appearing in the first document I looked at.  Then I went to check it on other documents and they were not appearing.  When I returned to the first document again they were gone on that one again as well.  

I'm open to any other ideas or suggestions.

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 7.11.10 AM.png

• 7 months later...
On 6/22/2017 at 5:43 PM, DTLow said:

I don't have a problem with seeing pdf content and I never click on the eye icon

Is the display fixed if you switch to attachment view, then switch back to inline

My solution with devices is

1. Reboot the device; it solves many problems
  2. Delete the app and reinstall
  3. Complete deletion (apps, database, ...) and reinstall; let the database be rebuilt from the servers
    Warning: The rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes

This tip did the trick :)

"is the display fixed if you switch to attachment view, then switch back to inline":D

I knew something new after being a Evernote user for years, As i had not come across this problem until now

Thanks Once Again

Archived