Jonathan Godney

Identify a note as a receipt and capture data

Idea

I would like Evernote to:

1, Offer to collect Meta Data like Date, Amount, Currency, Vendor, for each note,

2, Use its OCR capability to identify that the item is a receipt,

- Then to identify Date, Amount, Currency, Vendor 

4 replies to this idea

2 hours ago, Jonathan Godney said:

I would like Evernote to:

1, Offer to collect Meta Data like Date, Amount, Currency, Vendor, for each note,

2, Use its OCR capability to identify that the item is a receipt,

- Then to identify Date, Amount, Currency, Vendor 

Out of interest, and then do what with it?

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 0:26 AM, csihilling said:

Out of interest, and then do what with it?

Great question csihilling; to send the data to quickbooks or Xero.  This data has to be captured for accounting and matched to bank statements.

I'm using IQboxy to do this and EN is losing out and losing my favour as they are not innovating anything particularly useful to me.

2 minutes ago, Jonathan Godney said:

Great question csihilling; to send the data to quickbooks or Xero.  This data has to be captured for accounting and matched to bank statements.

I'm using IQboxy to do this and EN is losing out and losing my favour as they are not innovating anything particularly useful to me.

Thanks for the info.  Seems like a pretty vertical slice of functionality, but hey, time will tell and we'll see how many folks up-vote the request.  

I use Quicken and it has the capability to download transactions from all of my accounts.  This not the same with Quickbooks or are these transactions that don't have an automation trail?

18 hours ago, csihilling said:

Thanks for the info.  Seems like a pretty vertical slice of functionality, but hey, time will tell and we'll see how many folks up-vote the request.  

I use Quicken and it has the capability to download transactions from all of my accounts.  This not the same with Quickbooks or are these transactions that don't have an automation trail?

We all need to process our expenses in addition to storing them otherwise there is little point to keeping them, whether personal or work related.  

*** Right now Zapier is able to send a note to Xero and Quickbooks (including others) to process ***

This would be very useful and a great timer saver if Evernote just went one step further to store the data.