Ghost Note in PURGATORY

Hi there - first post,

I lost an ENCRYPTED note, nowhere to be found including on EN web, to finally see it in the PURGATORY folder in my mac...

Trying to open in En (open with > evernote) no success.

Trying to open in text Edit - I see characters but I guess unusable because encrypted... same when I open in Chrome after changing suffix to .html

I would really need to read in EN and be able to punch my password to be able to retrieve it I guess?

Please Help!!

Thank you

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, delicatefilms said:

I lost an ENCRYPTED note, nowhere to be found including on EN web, to finally see it in the PURGATORY folder in my mac...

Trying to open in En (open with > evernote) no success.

As to the "Lost" note; Any chance it got deleted and can be retrieved from Trash. Unfortunately Purgatory is the last step after motes are expunged from Trash

As to the content.enml file you found; The file format is .enml (Evernote's version of html) and is internal to Evernote.

• For simple notes, you can get away with changing the extension to .html and opening in a web browser.  
    This won't be workable with the encryption.
  • If you want to be live dangerously, you could copy this file into another note folder.  
    This would then become the contents of that note
    This process is not santioned by Evernote (or any sane person) but I've had limited success with it

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, DTLow said:
  • If you want to be live dangerously, you could copy this file into another note folder.  
    This would then become the contents of that note
    This process is not santioned by Evernote (or any sane person) but I've had limited success with it

Nice thinking out-of-the-box, @DTLow!

@delicatefilms, just in case this is not obvious, I'd create a new Note just for this purpose, and sync your account.  Then do the copy that @DTLow referred to.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Archived