Notebook Templates to Share

DrMGH

Idea

All--I can't imagine I'm the only one looking for this but does anyone have a Notebook set up as a "note a day" with simple annotations like:  appointments, journal, follow up?   I would like to download an Evernote Notebook for 2017 or next year that lets me download my daily schedule from my google calendar and then let me annotate that daily summary.  

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Evernote has some calendar templates here - don't know how applicable they are;  or if you've already got the date information from your daily summary,  you could set up your own template quite easily - just create an 'empty' note with the necessary layout and drag-n-drop that note on your desktop.  That creates an ENEX shortcut which will create a new note (in your currently selected notebook) with that format.  Copy your summary into your note and start annotating.

• Level 5*
On 2017-06-15 at 0:08 PM, DrMGH said:

I can't imagine I'm the only one looking for this but does anyone have a Notebook set up as a "note a day" with simple annotations like:  appointments, journal, follow up?   I would like to download an Evernote Notebook for 2017 or next year that lets me download my daily schedule from my google calendar and then let me annotate that daily summary.  

The discussion title is "Notebook Templates to Share".  A Notebook is just a collection of notes.

I have templates for notes, for example Daily Journal.

My "note a day" journals are identified by tag "Journal" and I have a shortcut to produce a list. I can use search criteria; for example   tag:Journal  intitle:2017

I copy this template each day and update/annotate.  My task notes are in Evernote; I use a shortcut to produce a task list and copy-links to add the list to the journal note

On 6/16/2017 at 0:08 PM, gazumped said:

Evernote has some calendar templates here - don't know how applicable they are;  or if you've already got the date information from your daily summary,  you could set up your own template quite easily - just create an 'empty' note with the necessary layout and drag-n-drop that note on your desktop.  That creates an ENEX shortcut which will create a new note (in your currently selected notebook) with that format.  Copy your summary into your note and start annotating.

Thanks for the suggestion and yes, I think you can copy all sorts of templates.  I was looking for something that would already have the 365 days pre-populated and that would allow me to make notes in some of the days to forecast out key reminders.  In a perfect world it would pull any existing calendar appointments from my calendar and have space for personal notes and hey an inspirational quote for the day. It would be the true replacement of a calendar planner that we all used to carry around.  Thanks for your response! 

On 6/16/2017 at 0:23 PM, DTLow said:

The discussion title is "Notebook Templates to Share".  A Notebook is just a collection of notes.

I have templates for notes, for example Daily Journal.

My "note a day" journals are identified by tag "Journal" and I have a shortcut to produce a list. I can use search criteria; for example   tag:Journal  intitle:2017

I copy this template each day and update/annotate.  My task notes are in Evernote; I use a shortcut to produce a task list and copy-links to add the list to the journal note

Wow! That is a lovely journal page! Thanks for sharing.  I like what you've done to combine the important journal process, too.  And given how much Evernote tries to create useful guides and templates... I hope Evernote considers making a calendar notebook with these kinds of notes pre-populated for the year ahead.  I think for those of us who grew up with a paper planner, its hard not to have something that lets us look ahead and write things down for certain days....copying a template each day seems like something we shouldn't have to do.  I think that can be automated, right? 

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, DrMGH said:

In a perfect world it would pull any existing calendar appointments from my calendar

For this reason, I don't want to use a calendar template in Evernote
I would then have to look at two calendars; my calendar app and Evernote
My calendar app works just fine for appointments although I do link to an Evernote note if possible

I do have calendar entries for some of my notes; I have this synced with a script
Generally, I don't want to clutter up my calendar with my Evernote data

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, DrMGH said:

its hard not to have something that lets us look ahead and write things down for certain days....copying a template each day seems like something we shouldn't have to do.  I think that can be automated, right?

In Evernote, I create notes for future dated stuff 
I assign a date using the reminder feature, and even sync the entry to my calendar app

I can pull up these notes in date sequence; however it's in list form, not calendar grid

Archived