magnoliasouth

[Solved] How to select which image is used in Note List View

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but this is bothering my OCD. ;)

I have several images in a single note, or rather a lot of notes but that's not the point. In Note List View it somehow chooses which image it wants you to preview. I can't stand what it's showing me because it's not the main image of the note. Is there a way to customize which image it previews for you?

Oh and while I'm posting, because posting reminded me of it, is there a way to permanently turn on "Notify me of replies". I appreciate so much that Evernote doesn't want to inundate you with a ton of undesired messages but if I post something I always want to know about replies.

Many thanks for any help! I just love Evernote and believe it or not, I've been a paid subscriber for years now and just realized the many ways I can truly enjoy it. DUH! I'm so glad I have this! 

You are not going to like this answer, but it comes straight from Evernote several years ago. I have not seen any improvement in the positioning issue of the largest smallest dimension.

Ah. I searched and didn't find that because I wasn't looking for thumnail. Very interesting and you're right. My OCD says it doesn't like that answer. :lol: Oh well, it'll get over it. 

Many thanks!

2 hours ago, magnoliasouth said:

Oh and while I'm posting, because posting reminded me of it, is there a way to permanently turn on "Notify me of replies". I appreciate so much that Evernote doesn't want to inundate you with a ton of undesired messages but if I post something I always want to know about replies.

Click the drop down next to your user name in the upper right, then Account Settings, then Notification Settings.  The settings are there. 

I'm new.  Can someone please explain why I can't see the 'work around' jbenson2 mentioned?  I am a 'Plus' member... I thought that meant I could get 'help'.  The error message states:  Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it. 

On 3/11/2018 at 3:50 PM, rdebell324 said:

I'm new.  Can someone please explain why I can't see the 'work around' jbenson2 mentioned?  I am a 'Plus' member... I thought that meant I could get 'help'.  The error message states:  Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it. 

I can't see it either, and I don't think subscription status has anything to do with what you can see on the forums.  There was some forum reorganization a few weeks back, perhaps the linked post was deleted or moved to the archives?  Perhaps @jbenson2 can repost the link.

On 2018-03-11 at 3:50 PM, rdebell324 said:

Darn,   I can't read the "largest smallest" explanation anymore.

Here's an alternate post

21 hours ago, CalS said:

I can't see it either, and I don't think subscription status has anything to do with what you can see on the forums.  There was some forum reorganization a few weeks back, perhaps the linked post was deleted or moved to the archives?  Perhaps @jbenson2 can repost the link.

I can't see it either. 

I would not consider this to be a workaround. It is too clunky, but here is what I saved in my Evernote account several years ago:

There is no easy solution if you have several photos in one note. I guess if someone really wanted to promote a specific image, they could use a photo editor to re-size the photo to create the "largest smallest dimension".
That's too much work for me.  (comment: biggest smallest )

Dec 6, 2011
Evernote's explanation:
We select the image with the largest smallest dimension. There are some other rules, but that's the main one.

Examples:
75x100
100x400
200x300

The "smallest" dimensions are 75, 100, and 200, respectively. We're going to use the image with the largest of those "smallest" dimensions (i.e., 200).

There are probably better ways to describe that algorithm, but that's how we've been describing it internally.

• Like 1